Monday July 09th 2007, 11:29 PM
Filed under: celebration,mail,miscellaneous,music,other shit,Uncategorized

My Name Is Metalmom

I spent some time with my music today. No kids showed up because their dad took the day off at the last minute.

So I was here. Alone. With the dishes, vacuuming, and laundry. The house got a bit quiet, so I pulled out my music and cranked it up. I’m in a corner house with yard on all four sides. Noise is not a big concern to me. Plus evening is closed because the A/C is on. No one can hear the savage pounding of drums, the gutteral “singing”, and the metal, metal, metal!

There are 3 CD’s that are ALWAYS played:Rammstein-Sehnsucht, Godsmack, and Korn-Greatest Hits. They usually get me through most of my housework. Well, those guys amped up my energy level and I took on extra jobs that had been put off for a while. I actually continued through Duran Duran’s Greatest Hits and Kelly Clarkson- Breakaway.(SHUT UP!!- She’s a guilty pleasure for me!! Don’t tell!!)

About 5 years ago, we moved into this neighborhood. I used to worry about what the neighbors would think because I’m not exactly like they are.(Now I don’t give a shit) I seem to be one of the few people around in the daytime.

Then I worried about what the mailman would think of my music because he actully came to my door every day. Well, after some of the mail I’ve gotten lately, nothing shocks him any more. (You know which ones of you are the naughty monkeys!)  He hears the music now and sometimes he’ll knock just to ask who I’m playing.  It’s kind of nice to share my oddness with someone who doesn’t judge me. Thanks, Billy!

1. bluepaintred said:

on July 9, 2007 at 11:41 PM

LMAO! been getting some interesting postcards, have ya?

2. metalmom said:

on July 9, 2007 at 11:55 PM

Blue- Oh yes indeedy!! Both email and snailmail! And packages,too! Son1 also gets ‘special’ magazines that come in black plastic bags. I think they’re “Popular Mechanics”:”>

3. kapgar said:

on July 10, 2007 at 7:55 AM

Don’t feel so bad about Kelly. I’m right there with you.

4. metalmom said:

on July 10, 2007 at 8:14 AM

kapgar-I knew that and you gave me the strength to admit that out loud!LOL :*

5. Webmiztris said:

on July 10, 2007 at 2:12 PM

nice! i love Korn! did you hear their Unplugged performance? it was actually pretty kickass!

6. metalmom said:

on July 10, 2007 at 2:33 PM

Webmistriz- Yes, I like it all except ‘Freak on a Leash’ with Amy lee. I can’t seem to enjoy her.When your CD eventually comes out, (It could happen!)I’ll listen to that too!