Tuesday July 10th 2007, 10:21 PM
Filed under: celebration,concerts,family,Friends,kids,music,Uncategorized

Walk This Way

I have been to a few concerts. Not many, but a few. Most were because Hubs made the choice to see someone with his friends and I agreed to go along. Seriously. We saw a few concerts, and for the life of me I can’t remember getting past the opening acts.(It was 1980-83). But I do remember seeing Jerry Garcia-Acoustically and solo! It is etched in my mind (8th row, center) We also saw Genesis every year at Thanksgiving for about 5 years. They always did an amazing show!

I think that at about this point-5 years into our marriage-Hubs and I came to a musical fork in the road. He preferred Bruce Springsteen and Billy Joel, while I had a thing for the Ramones, the Police and the Sex Pistols. We also had two little boys. Needless to say, we started going to fewer and fewer shows until we stopped altogether.

Flash Forward-2003. Son1 is now 23 and for my birthday he got tickets to see Aerosmith.Just him and his mom! (Here’s the part where you say ‘aww’) We saw Kid Rock open for Run-DMC who segued into ‘Walk This Way’ with Aerosmith. This was the night I learned that I could stand on a fold-up seat, in heels, and dance. Awesome doesn’t describe it!

We had so much fun that we did it again the next year. Only this time we went with Dave and Katie. Dave grew up three doors away from us and Katie was his new bride. Three days before the concert I had rotator cuff surgery(shoulder) and we didn’t know if the doctor would let me go, but he was an Aerosmith fan too, so he said,”See ya there!” Well, since we waited so long to get our tickets, we got seats in the nosebleed section-also known as the ‘loser’ seats.But it was better than no seat at all, right?

Luckily for us, one of Katie’s bridesmaids worked in the ticket booth. She called Katie’s cell phone to tell us she had an upgrade for us. It was a little to the left of the stage but at least it wasn’t the worst seat in the house. We ran, because the show was starting and OH MY GOD!!! We were in the front row–right next to a ramp! During the show, Steven fucking Tyler and Joe Perry both used this ramp.!!I was in hea-ven! At one point I begged my son to grab half of my shirt so I could flash Steven but Son1 gagged and screamed,”NO!” Dave offered to help a girl out, but then Katie gagged and screamed,”NO!” So, no boobs. RATS! But I did get to see those sexy guys thisclose.

Now Son2 is afraid that if I go to a concert with him I’ll try flashing again or maybe I’d try going into the mosh pit. That’s one thing I know I’m too old for. But I’d still like to go. I’m not using a walker or depends yet, so ya never know. I never say never.

1. chlorinejenny said:

on July 10, 2007 at 11:52 PM

I saw U2 in 1996. It was amazing!

I want to go to a concert with you! Man, you sound like fun!

2. Avitable said:

on July 11, 2007 at 8:11 AM

I always flash bands when I go to concerts. It’s how I earn lifetime bans.

3. metalmom said:

on July 11, 2007 at 9:20 AM

Jenny- Would you flash? If I couldn’t would you help me?:d/

4. metalmom said:

on July 11, 2007 at 9:41 AM

Avitable-Does the lifetime ban extend to the newly reunited Spice Girls? Zigazig ah! =))

5. Slick said:

on July 11, 2007 at 11:56 AM

If your belly button isn’t between your boobs, you’re never too old to flash!!

Sounds like fun….hanging out with the kids

6. chlorinejenny said:

on July 11, 2007 at 12:16 PM

What the hell! I guess I could flash. But, it would have to be appropriate.(as if flashing people is appropriate!) I couldn’t do it at like an Elton John concert or anything, but if it was ACDC or Aerosmith or something like that, maybe. If you did it too!

I got a couple more good years left with the girls before they get to the belly button, so, we better get flashing!

7. metalmom said:

on July 11, 2007 at 1:06 PM

Slick-How could you forget that it’s my ‘spcial place’ that’s hidden between my boobs? :(( I thought I meant more to you than that! Just wait til your kids are old enough to pay for a round of drinks after a round of golf!

8. metalmom said:

on July 11, 2007 at 1:08 PM

Jenny- When you’re racing the clock like we are, ANY time is flashing time!! Especially when Slick is around! ;))

9. lostmahead said:

on July 11, 2007 at 7:43 PM

Slick,your comment reminds me of another,”if your balls
    aren’t down at your knees then your not too old for sex.”
    metalmom, you know me… all this talk about boobs,balls
    and sex made me forget my comment to you… catch ya latter.

10. Michael said:

on July 11, 2007 at 7:53 PM

Flash them what’s the worse that can happen. Everyone will tell your son his Mom is awesome.

11. metalmom said:

on July 11, 2007 at 11:40 PM

Lost-Boobs, balls, and sex …That tells me that you haven’t lost your mind- it’s in the gutter! ;))

Michael-The worst that can happen is that they will throw up or go blind or both!! :-& b-) You think I’m awesome? *sniff* You’re so sweet!

12. Webmiztris said:

on July 12, 2007 at 12:14 PM

cool! i saw aerosmith a few years ago. we were in the cheap seats in back, but they did enter from the back of the arena to get on stage, so they walked right past us…. it was so cool!

13. metalmom said:

on July 12, 2007 at 2:14 PM

Webmistriz- The sure do put on kick-ass concerts. Did you flash? ;)