Saturday October 20th 2007, 10:50 PM
Filed under: meme,miscellaneous,music,other shit,questions

Musical Notes

downdashore-237.JPG

I stole this from Kapgar..well, maybe “stole” isn’t the appropriate word. After all, he did say it was okay to use it if we wanted . Anyway, Sundays are slow and since I don’t do “Breakfast with the Beatles” or “Brunch with Elvis”  you’ve got this!

What is the first music album you remember owning? If not the same, what is the first music album you purchased for yourself? I believe that was “Pearl” by Janis Joplin . I bought “Frampton Comes Alive” for myself.

What artist currently occupies the most space either in terms of shelf space or megabytes on your hard drive?  Rammstein-hands down.

How many different types of music media (vinyl, cassette, CD, etc) have you owned in your lifetime? 45’s, 8 track, cassettes, vinyl albums,  and CDs

Who or what has had the biggest effect on your music taste? My dad owned his own “Pearl” first and threatened my life if I scratched it. So he bought me my own. Janis Joplin and Van Morrison came from Dad. Son2 introduced me to the dark side. He gave me Rammstein.

How do you currently prefer to listen to music?I use my CD player alot but also the computer.

In terms of music memorabilia, what is your most prized possession?That would be my Ozzy Osbourne bobble head. Also, the photos Babygirl took of Weird Al in Wildwood this summer.(above and below)

Have you ever “swapped headsets” with a complete stranger (meaning have you ever unplugged the earphones from your listening device and plugged them into someone else’s player and had them do the same)? If yes, what did they play for you? No, but it would be cool.

Have you ever been completely obsessed with a particular artist? Who and to what level did your fandom go? Okay, I’m gonna tell the truth because “someone” knows me from ‘back in the day’–I was a Bay City Rollers fan. ( shut the fuck up!!) I wrote a fan letter and didn’t have enough postage to go to London, so they sent it back and my Dad saw it and gave me all kinds of grief about it. HE STILL DOES!!!

What is the farthest you’ve ever traveled for a concert? Over the bridge to Camden to see Aerosmith/Run-DMC/ Kid Rock (they all kicked ass!)

Who have you seen in concert the most? Hmm…. I think that is a tie between Aerosmith and Genesis(with Peter Gabriel)

downdashore-232.JPG

1. Tug said:

on October 20, 2007 at 11:31 PM

S.A.TUR.DAY – NIGHT.

S.A.TUR.DAY – NIGHT.

:d

*ahem*

No, I was never a fan.

o:-)

2. metalmom said:

on October 20, 2007 at 11:45 PM

Tug-My first thaought was “Bitch!” But I laughed! Yep…That was me. l-)

3. Lorelai said:

on October 21, 2007 at 9:50 AM

Very fun – I’m stealing this. Oh and uh….speaking of Bay City Rollers I just did list their 45 on Ebay last night. hahaha

4. Schmoop said:

on October 21, 2007 at 10:29 AM

OMG!!! The Bay City Rollers!!! Whoo Hoo! I thought I was the only one. I had all of their albums. Does this make us outcasts??

5. metalmom said:

on October 21, 2007 at 10:38 AM

Lorelai- I’ll tell Schmoop! Maybe she’ll bid on it! :-j

Schmoop-If you still listen to them now, you probably o so in secret!:-$ (I won’t tell!) I can’t stand to hear them any more though!!%-(

6. Teri said:

on October 21, 2007 at 10:51 AM

“Bay City Rollers”, bhahahahahahahahahahahahaah

l-)

7. metalmom said:

on October 21, 2007 at 10:56 AM

Teri- Keep it up! I’ll find some nugget of ‘dirt’ on you next week and exploit it!! b-(

***See what I get for “keepin’ it real”?***

8. Hilly said:

on October 21, 2007 at 11:03 AM

I am so sad…when I first read “Genesis (with Peter Gabriel), I was like “uh Peter Gabriel wasn’t in Genesis”.

Shhh, I know. I am just going to sit here and be pretty with my mouth shut for the rest of the day.

9. lostmahead said:

on October 21, 2007 at 11:41 AM

music’s not one of my strengths but I did like the Bay City Rollers and a lot of other pop groups…I’m more of a sit and listen to whatevers on kind of person. Hey, have a good day and thanks for making me think and laugh.

10. Teri said:

on October 21, 2007 at 12:04 PM

just kidding.

I enjoyed that time period: Bay CityRollers, ELO, Queen, etc.

11. metalmom said:

on October 21, 2007 at 12:52 PM

Hilly- OH NO YOU DI’NT!! :((:((

lostmahead-It’s all YOUR fault that I confessed to the Bay City Rollers!! If I didn’t, you would have called me on it!>:p

Teri- TOO LATE!The horse has left the barn! [-x

12. Teri said:

on October 21, 2007 at 2:22 PM

Bay City Rollers always reminds me of Mike Meyers and that movie “So I married an Axe Murderer”. Good movie and loaded with the Rollers.

You can see I’m trying to redeem myself, right? 8->

13. Loving Annie said:

on October 21, 2007 at 4:10 PM

Rock on, Metalmom !

14. metalmom said:

on October 21, 2007 at 5:18 PM

Teri- You’re making me laugh!:)) I like that movie too!

LovingAnnie-ALWAYS! :-c

15. Mr. Fabulous said:

on October 21, 2007 at 5:58 PM

Rammstein? What the fuck is Rammstein?

16. metalmom said:

on October 21, 2007 at 8:04 PM

Mr Fabulous- It’s German danzmetal. Nothing like Maroon 5 :))

17. Wormbrain said:

on October 21, 2007 at 10:50 PM

Swapping headsets sounds kind of dirty.. even though it’s not.

18. metalmom said:

on October 21, 2007 at 11:29 PM

Wormbrain- EEWW!! You’re right! :-&

19. kapgar said:

on October 22, 2007 at 11:44 AM

Ozzy bobblehead? Rock!

Wildwood? What state?

20. metalmom said:

on October 22, 2007 at 3:18 PM

Kapgar-I don’t care how old Ozzy is … he rules!(I named my first iguana Ozzy!!)And the pictures were taken in August in Wilwood New Jersey!:d