Monday June 02nd 2008, 7:38 PM
Filed under: Anger,business,other shit,Uncategorized

What Loyalty?

If you read this post, then you know how I feel about grocery shopping. I don’t like when my routine gets fucked with. I went food shopping tonight and came home with a carload of angry.

Now that our business is slowing because of the economy, I have to be more diligent with my spending. I now use coupons like a religion. I used to use them if I remembered to take them, but now it’s imperative. There are a few items that I use, that no matter how much the coupon is for, I will buy the store brand. My family is full of picky eaters and since I make a shitty spaghetti sauce, I buy the jarred version. Not Prego or Ragu, but the ACME brand. I also use the store brand vegetables, laundry detergent, and garbage bags. Mostly, they are a few cents cheaper and they are no better or worse than the name brands.

loyalty_circle.gif

Tonight I found no Acme items. Oh, they’re around the store, just not the items I needed to buy. Why?? Even though they fucked with the setup of the store, I stuck with them. I am a loyal customer. I am loyal even to the store brand. This is testing my loyalty.

Well, Mr. Manager, you will be receiving a copy of this post and the last one. You will hear how much I am disappointed with your so-called “improvements”. You will find out how it breaks my heart (and wallet) to move on to greener pastures. Remember-there is a Pathmark LESS THAN 1/4 OF A MILE AWAY!  You practically share a parking lot!Will it cost me more in gas to go there? NO. If anything, it will save me gas because I can stop at Home Depot while I’m over there.

Hmmm…..Now I think about it, why am I still going to ACME?

on June 2, 2008 at 9:21 PM

I remember Pathmark…

I hate when they fuck with the store. If I wanted a different store, I’d go to a different store!

Finns last blog post..Apparently I’ve Been Having Too Much Fun

2. whall said:

on June 2, 2008 at 9:52 PM

Yeah, I remember when our local HEB re-arranged their store to be like all the other HEB’s across Texas. I made some slight comments to the mgr on duty every once in a while, like “well, I’d buy more if I could find what I wanted” and “so, any particular REASON you put the Pringles on an aisle that does NOT have potato chips on it?”

Now of course I realize the brilliance of their plan. I now regularly shop at 3 different HEB’s depending on what part of town I’m in or where I’m going to / coming from. I won’t go into the competitors unless it’s Wal*Mart and I mainly go to Wal*Mart because the prices are so much better.

HEB. You stole my loyalty.

whalls last blog post..VLOG Episode #1

3. Karl said:

on June 3, 2008 at 12:18 AM

I don’t think I’m loyal to any one grocery store. There are three within a mile of me and I’ll go to any one of them. I guess I hit Albertson’s more than any other, but that’s just because it’s in a convenient location.

Karls last blog post..Another Meme. I Know I’m Lazy.

4. bubblewench said:

on June 3, 2008 at 5:26 AM

Yeah, why still go to that Acme then? Pathmark has stuff too.

I’m a Giant fan myself. But I’m pretty sure that’s too far for you.

on June 3, 2008 at 6:51 AM

Finn-EXACTLY!! I suppose I will be doing just that!

on June 3, 2008 at 6:53 AM

whall-Their plan is to keep you in the store longer looking for the items that you NEED. While looking for those, you tend to buy stuff that you DON’T NEED! It’s a conspiracy I tell ya!!

on June 3, 2008 at 6:55 AM

Karl-I think most men think like you when it comes to groceries.It’s more a matter of convenience. I know that I like the lather from certain soaps or shampoos or the ease of the packaging with some items.This is what keeps me loyal to certain products.

on June 3, 2008 at 6:58 AM

bubblewench-There is a Giant fairly close to me. I think my prejudice comes from the fact that both Pathmark and Giant are more of those “super” markets. There are too many choices and too many items that really don’t belong in a grocery store. I get overwhelmed, give up, go home and bitch because I’ve come home without an essential item!!

9. Robin said:

on June 3, 2008 at 9:26 AM

It’s my commute everyday that I hate being fucked with. Everyone should just stay where they are and let the traffic go as it’s meant to. Keep your fat ass out of my way!

Robins last blog post..How To Whoop Ass

10. Teri said:

on June 3, 2008 at 9:58 AM

I’m not about loyalty to a food store. I go to the one I can navigate, that’s cheaper and have the stuff that I need.

Teris last blog post..Tattoos

on June 3, 2008 at 2:46 PM

Robin-Are you a “road rager”? Or is today just our lucky day?

on June 3, 2008 at 2:47 PM

Teri-See, that’s my dilemma. Acme usually has good prices and normally has what I want. I just have to FIND it!