Tuesday June 03rd 2008, 9:46 PM
Filed under: family,happy

The End of the Leftover Battle?

I hadn’t gone food shopping for a few weeks. I got sick and tired of cooking just so that I could throw it out. (I finally grew a pair large enough to tell my boys “Go cook for yourself or buy your own food.) I used up every spare package of hotdogs, all the bread and eggs (making French toast for dinner),the Ramen noodles and all the tuna. We used up every bit of mustard, every grain of salt, and every drop of beef stock.

Then I went food shopping last night.

My sons came home from work dirty, stinky and sweaty. Man, they looked exhausted. Very nicely, I asked them if they were hungry. The drool started flowing before I got to the second syllable of “hungry”. Son2 rolled his eyes, anticipating my snarky advice of “Well, feed yourselves.”

“If you think think you can change your attitudes, I’ll make dinner for you both tonight.”

I was hugged. I was kissed. I got apologies!! They had both realized how much money they were spending on McD’s and Wendy’s. They had learned how much a pizza costs, especially when each of them is capable of polishing off a whole small pie himself.

tn_steak_in_fork1.jpg

They got steak, corn-on-the-cob, mac and cheese, salad and tall glasses of milk (just like the old days.) They were also served notice.

If they ever turn up their noses to leftovers or ‘quick dinners’ like soup and sandwiches, they will be welcome to take turns buying groceries for the family. Or they could move out.

I don’t think I’ll be throwing away leftovers for a while.

1. Trukindog said:

on June 3, 2008 at 9:55 PM

I’m sorry, Hugs, Kisses…I like my steak warm and bloody. :d

Trukindogs last blog post..A Misunderstanding ?

2. BlondeBlogger said:

on June 3, 2008 at 10:01 PM

Ooooh, that sounds delicious!! Hello again, btw! I’ve missed reading you SO much. I finally have high speed and can be a good blogging friend now. :)

3. Poppy said:

on June 3, 2008 at 11:22 PM

You had to post a picture of a steak, didn’t you..

NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM *hic*

Poppys last blog post..Linkblogger: The Greatest Movie Poster Ever?

4. whall said:

on June 3, 2008 at 11:59 PM

Aw MAN that steak looks good. I love steak with mac-n-cheese – and pringles.

whalls last blog post..Lego Indiana Jones + haiku = birthday gift

5. bubblewench said:

on June 4, 2008 at 5:10 AM

Damn! Missed dinner again! And I was over by your house too thought about coming by… hee..hee..

Glad you set them straight!

6. Mr. Fabulous said:

on June 4, 2008 at 7:39 AM

Oh man…I want some…please?

Mr. Fabulouss last blog post..Fabby in a Strange Land pt. 1

7. Teri said:

on June 4, 2008 at 7:42 AM

=d>

Teris last blog post..Tattoos

on June 4, 2008 at 8:33 AM

Trukindog-Warm and bloody? A man after my own heart. I like it barely mooing! =p~

on June 4, 2008 at 8:35 AM

BlondeBlogger-Hooray for high speed!!! (It’s about freakin’ time!!) :d

on June 4, 2008 at 8:35 AM

Mmmm… steak. Mmmm… mac n’ cheese.

Will you be my mommy?

Finns last blog post..It Was A Very Good Year

on June 4, 2008 at 8:36 AM

Poppy-Take your time and chew, missy! You’ll get a tummy ache “nomming” your food so quickly!

on June 4, 2008 at 8:38 AM

whall-Homemade or boxed mac and cheese?? I love homemade three cheese m&c. =p~

on June 4, 2008 at 8:41 AM

bubblewench-Could you smell it cooking all the way at your house? 3:-o

on June 4, 2008 at 8:42 AM

Mr Fabulous-I’ll bet TB knows how to rustle up some serious for grub for you, ya lucky fella! b-)

15. Lynda said:

on June 4, 2008 at 8:43 AM

I hope they appreicate it for at least three days! ;)

Really, though, that sounds like it was a great idea!

Lyndas last blog post..Crazy Days

on June 4, 2008 at 8:44 AM

Teri-:d !!!

on June 4, 2008 at 8:45 AM

Finn-Ooh…I’ll by your ‘mommy’. Have you been a naughty girl? Do you need to be spanked? ;))

on June 4, 2008 at 8:48 AM

Lynda-I think they realized how good they had it.Coming home hungry at the end of the day, they really didn’t like waiting to shower and change BEFORE going out to get food.Or tipping the driver who delivered it!

19. Tug said:

on June 4, 2008 at 10:03 AM

Givin’ the kids the smack-down – NICE…….

Tugs last blog post..Happy Dance!

on June 4, 2008 at 10:51 AM

Tug-Thank You! *takes a bow*

21. Nicole said:

on June 4, 2008 at 11:25 AM

Hahaha, I love it! Nothing’s like living in a house full of boys…

on June 4, 2008 at 12:12 PM

Nicole-These “boys” is MEN! It only took 20+ years to break through the thick skulls to teach them a lesson! :o

23. Nicole said:

on June 4, 2008 at 12:39 PM

Hahaha, I’m sure I’ll be in the same boat soon enough, my fiance and I have one son already, and I can already tell he’s gonna be a handful. :-ss

on June 4, 2008 at 1:30 PM

Nicole-As Judas Priest once said: “Run to the hills!”

25. Slick said:

on June 4, 2008 at 4:36 PM

Geeeez, you’re hardcore but that picture loooooks soooooo good!

Slicks last blog post..See? I’m Not A Male Chauvinist….

on June 4, 2008 at 4:50 PM

Slick-I think you would have apologized for shit you never did just to get a bite!

27. Amber said:

on June 4, 2008 at 8:23 PM

This entry had me cracking up.

And yes! I got your email but I haven’t had much computer time lately, so I will be responding as soon as I can. I promise!!!

Man, it is sooooo good to have you back. Do you have ANY idea how much you were missed? Computer bugs or no, I expect you to be here, blogging, missy!

… It’s okay. I’ll forgive you this time…

Just don’t let it happen again! Kapeesh? (lol)

on June 4, 2008 at 9:17 PM

Amber- :-j Stop! You’re making me blush!!!

29. Trukindog said:

on June 4, 2008 at 9:35 PM

Yeah baby, in the words of Woody in The Cowboy Way…knock his horns off wipe his ass and throw him on the plate.

Trukindogs last blog post..A Misunderstanding ?

on June 4, 2008 at 9:52 PM

Trukindog-THANK YOU,SIR!!! I think I orgasmed from the visual on that one!

31. Trukindog said:

on June 4, 2008 at 9:59 PM

Yes Maam you are welcome.

Trukindogs last blog post..A Misunderstanding ?