Friday June 13th 2008, 10:51 PM
Filed under: celebration,family,Friends,happy,lessons,love,Uncategorized

One Year

Sunday is my one year Blogaversary,but since it is also Father’s Day, I’m posting this today.

One year……It seems to have gone by so fast, which is strange because when I was waiting for the holidays or for vacation, it seemed to c.r.a.w.l. by. I have learned alot of things about my blogging friends but more than that, I have learned about myself.

heart05a.jpg

I have learned that even though everyone complains about memes and never wants to be tagged, they sure do jump at the opportunity to do one  and thus save themselves from a “dry day”.

I have learned that I have been to the doctors alot this past year, mostly for myself. Thankfully, I got the job done and I’ll be cool for another year or two.*knock wood!*

I have learned that although I have considered myself to be a fairly easy-going person, alot of things piss me the hell off. The difference is that before I blogged, many of these things went unexpressed. This led to mood swings that were borderline psychotic. Now that I can spew forth through my keyboard, I find myself relaxing more than I can ever remember doing.

I have learned that when your world comes crashing down around you, your friends are there to help pick you up. I have seen the depths of despair and the heights of joy through the eyes of my friends. I have seen the generosity of strangers. And I have seen you open your hearts to me and to each other.

I have learned that I am crazy in love with my family. Only the ones you love can make you become a raving lunatic. Only the ones you love can hurt you so very deeply. Only the ones you love can make your heart swell with pride. Only the ones you love ever see you in your jammies, with last night’s mascara running across your eyes, with that white gunk on the side of your lips, while dragon fumes escape your mouth and all the while STILL give you a hug and kiss in the morning!

Blogging has become so personal and simultaneously public to me. I have made some of the best friends. You make me laugh. You make me cry. You let me know that I am not the  only one out there who feels like a dork.

And you let me know that some days,  though I may be the only one in the house, when an outburst of laughter is heard, it’s just me….being silly with my friends.

1. bluepaintred said:

on June 13, 2008 at 11:32 PM

happy one year anniversary! I’m so glad I was here to share it with you!

bluepaintreds last blog post..No Lube! How Rude!

on June 13, 2008 at 11:35 PM

Blue-!!!! I am so happy that you are the first to comment on this post because once upon a time, you were the VERY FIRST comment I got on my VERY FIRST post!!! Thanks for hangging out with me!

3. bluepaintred said:

on June 13, 2008 at 11:37 PM

and what I would like to see happen is me be the first on your two year anniversary post as well!

bluepaintreds last blog post..No Lube! How Rude!

4. Trukindog said:

on June 14, 2008 at 12:17 AM

Happy Blogaversary Darlin, imagine me handing you a dozen roses to thank you for being here for me to find when I did.
    :d

Trukindogs last blog post..METALMOM’S CONTAGIOUS

on June 14, 2008 at 5:54 AM

Bluepaintred-Somehow I think that you absolutely will!! :)

on June 14, 2008 at 5:57 AM

trukindog-Thanks for the roses! They smell lovely! @};- I’m glad that you found me too. :)

on June 14, 2008 at 11:12 AM

It’s only been a year? :o I feel like I’ve known you forever!

Happy Anniversary darlin’. And many, many more!

Finns last blog post..Bring Me… A Meme!

on June 14, 2008 at 11:49 AM

Finn-Yes it’s ony been a year, but I have been around the blogging neighborhood for longer than that. Besides, we HAVE known each other forever!! We’re old souls!

9. Tug said:

on June 14, 2008 at 12:02 PM

Happy Happy Metalversary, I’m glad I’ve found you!!

Tugs last blog post..Snacked on by a Dawg

on June 14, 2008 at 12:22 PM

Tug-“Metalversary”….I like that!….And you made it just for me! I love it!! (And YOU!) :d

11. Avitable said:

on June 14, 2008 at 6:03 PM

Shouldn’t you be giving us prizes or something?

Happy blogiversary!

Avitables last blog post..Deadline

12. Winter said:

on June 14, 2008 at 7:57 PM

Congratulations on your blogiversary! I finally got you in my feed reader. Your RSS feed link goes to a different domain. Now, I’ll be by more regularly!

Winters last blog post..Storieos

13. Hilly said:

on June 14, 2008 at 8:24 PM

Happy One Year Anniversary, you sexy bitch!

Hillys last blog post..Getting Hot With Blogography…

on June 14, 2008 at 8:56 PM

Avitable-I don’t think so….it’s my blogaversary. Shouldn’t I get the gifts?

on June 14, 2008 at 8:57 PM

Winter-Thanks for adding me and thanks for letting me know about the other domain. I’ll get on that!

on June 14, 2008 at 8:58 PM

Hilly-Thank you! It takes one to know one!! :*

17. kapgar said:

on June 16, 2008 at 6:00 AM

Happy belated blogiversary!

kapgars last blog post..We don’t need no water…

18. bubblewench said:

on June 16, 2008 at 7:23 AM

Happy blogiversary! That’s pretty awesome! Glad you’re hear.

19. bubblewench said:

on June 16, 2008 at 7:24 AM

I meant here. So we can hear you.

20. Robin said:

on June 16, 2008 at 9:43 AM

Happy blogaversary, June 22nd is my 3 year.

Robins last blog post..Happy Third Blogaversary

on June 16, 2008 at 11:19 AM

kapgar-Not belated-just fashionably late! Thanks!

on June 16, 2008 at 11:20 AM

bubblewench-Thank You! And now I know it’s true- I’m magical if you can hear me!! ;))

on June 16, 2008 at 11:21 AM

Robin-Thanks! And I’ll have to remember the 22nd!!

24. Teri said:

on June 16, 2008 at 11:22 AM

A year? No way!

I’m glad blogging helps you emotionally. It’s been great getting to know you and hopefully we’ll become better friends down the road.

Keep those stories coming. I love sitting at my computer as well, no noise in the house but my occasional laughter at something you or someone else has posted.:d

Teris last blog post..Duffy

on June 16, 2008 at 4:17 PM

Teri-Yes! A year! It does seem longer than that doesn’t it? I’m glad we met too!

26. Lynda said:

on June 17, 2008 at 2:43 PM

Well, I finally did that Crazy 8’s meme you tagged me with 3 months ago. :d

Lyndas last blog post..I Can Be Judgmental

on June 17, 2008 at 2:58 PM

Lynda-Great! I can check it out.