Monday June 30th 2008, 7:53 PM
Filed under: fashion,holiday,lessons,other shit,weight

Perspective

Every year, beginning around March, I begin to spazz over the weight I haven’t been able to shed no matter how hard I try. I spazz because bathing suit weather is around the corner. Normally, there is a cushion involved because we don’t usually vacation until mid- to late August. This year we are going in late July.

AAAHHH!!!!

There is no time to do anything about my predicament. Oh well…..

We put a deposit on the place we are staying at and took a little spin around the area. What I saw made me forget about MY weight.

fatgirl_fatfriday_swimsuit_10nov06.jpg

Did I actually see these particular women? No, but I might as well have. Oh dear God! What makes people think this is okay? Why should boobs spill out of your top? If you are NOT eighteen years old or perky, put that shit away!!!

Does anyone really want to see a woman (or man–you fellas are not immune to this behavior!) lift all of those rolls of fat to apply sunscreen? When you turn around, we DON’T want to see where the good Lord split you!

Hubs and I saw a woman with her four kids crossing the street, looking pretty close to  this. We looked at each other and simultaneously said “Holy Shit!” I almost felt the bile rise in my throat.

I don’t think I will be worried about how I look in a swimsuit this year. Mine will cover my ass. I will not ‘accidently’ pop a titty out of the top. And I will look at these other women and say  “Damn! I look pretty fuckin’ hot compared to her!”

1. Loving Annie said:

on June 30, 2008 at 8:03 PM

I think I look like the woman in the far right in the pink suit. Reality is that I am 5’8″ tall and weigh 165 and am a size 12 right now.
    30 pounds to lose on my diet – the pressure to be thin is excruciating – but being as fat as one of those ladies would make me suicidal.

Loving Annies last blog post..Sara told me she is lonely

on June 30, 2008 at 8:20 PM

LovingAnnie-If you think that you look like that, then the reality is that you are probably much thinner. We tend to see ourselves as heavier. I have about thirty pounds to lose too!

3. Froggywoogie said:

on June 30, 2008 at 11:24 PM

To be shaped like some of these people and hide yourself in shame should be depressing so I guess they have chosen the option to live their life publicly which is good in a way but, god, something must be done for their own sake, unless that’s the way they are happy. Their health is paying a high price though.
    I’m sure you’re smoking hot Metal Mom hehe

Froggywoogies last blog post..Why flight pilots couldn’t have a little fun?

on July 1, 2008 at 6:04 AM

Froggywoogie-You are probably right about them living life without shame,but DAMN! :o You are too funny! Metalmom doesn’t smoke anymore…in or out of a bathingsuit! :))

5. Froggywoogie said:

on July 1, 2008 at 6:15 AM

You know how it is with people quitting smoking: they come back to it again and again ;)

Froggywoogies last blog post..Why flight pilots couldn’t have a little fun?

on July 1, 2008 at 8:26 AM

As long as you fit this minimum standard, you’ll be fine.

Grants last blog post..Bad Blog!

on July 1, 2008 at 8:43 AM

Regardless of what I actually look like, I feel like pink bathing suit woman — which is why I don’t wear bikinis anymore.

I’m sure you’ll look hot in your suit, babe. xo

Finns last blog post..Thank You For Visiting A Life Less Ordinary

on July 1, 2008 at 11:39 AM

Froggywoogie-I sure as hell hope not! I’m coming up on 3 years clean.I don’t ever want to start again!

on July 1, 2008 at 11:41 AM

Grant-I WISH! Once upon a time, I actually DID look like that!

on July 1, 2008 at 11:43 AM

Finn-Just three short years ago, I wore a bikini to the beach. now I just feel ‘beached’! YOU,however, could surely get away with one THIS SUMMER!! (Don’t lie and say “Not me!”) :>o

11. Froggywoogie said:

on July 1, 2008 at 11:58 AM

I didn’t mean THAT kind of smoking lol and yeah I sure do hope you’re not going back into that, your lungs don’t deserve that :)

Froggywoogies last blog post..Why flight pilots couldn’t have a little fun?

12. priss said:

on July 1, 2008 at 12:29 PM

Where did you find my picture? :-ss

I agree – if you have flabulanche you should NOT be in a bikini.

on July 1, 2008 at 1:37 PM

Froggywoogie-Do you mean the lungs inside or outside of my chest? :)

on July 1, 2008 at 1:38 PM

priss-:)) =)) Absolutely NO bikinis here!!

15. Froggywoogie said:

on July 1, 2008 at 1:47 PM

omg you’re a tease! lol

Froggywoogies last blog post..Why flight pilots couldn’t have a little fun?

16. Teri said:

on July 1, 2008 at 3:20 PM

See, there’s always somebody else worse off then you. I don’t think it’s comfortable being almost naked in front of thousands of folks. I still don’t like being in a bathing suit.

Teris last blog post..Guns

on July 1, 2008 at 4:06 PM

Froggywoogie- MOI??? ;;)

on July 1, 2008 at 4:07 PM

Teri-I know you don’t like being in a bathing suit, but where is the beach that you skinny dip in? ;))

19. Tug said:

on July 1, 2008 at 9:49 PM

Thank you so much for making me feel better about myself. :d

on July 2, 2008 at 8:32 AM

Tug-Your Welcome! Isn’t it so true? At least I can say “I have bottoms on and you can SEE mine!!”