Tuesday July 01st 2008, 8:59 PM
Filed under: business,ineptitude,other shit

Hardly Workin’

‘Member I told you that work is being done on my street? Well, it’s still happening. In front of my house, we are getting our water lines replaced from the street to each house and then they will repave the street itself. They are currently working about half a block up the street.

On the side of the house, the lines are being run from pole to pole by Verizon for the VIOS lines. This has been going on for the past week and a half. I see their trucks one day and there are four or five men busy as hell pulling wires and going up in the cherry pickers. Today I saw a single truck.

This guy must be a union man. It must be against OSHA rules for anyone to work outdoors on a day as pretty as today.

First, he did this.

july1-002.jpg

Then he did this.

july1-003.jpg

By 2:30 pm, this was all that was happening out there.

july1-004.jpg

It must be nice……

1. Froggywoogie said:

on July 1, 2008 at 10:08 PM

At least he did it on both ends of the truck. I’d be dead tired

Froggywoogies last blog post..Why flight pilots couldn’t have a little fun?

2. libragirl said:

on July 2, 2008 at 4:15 AM

I want that job. It was nice out so I understand the need to sit and get a tan

libragirls last blog post..It’s quiz time

on July 2, 2008 at 6:42 AM

Froggywoogie-Do you know how FAR he had to walk to get to the back? I think he got a leg cramp from the effort!

on July 2, 2008 at 6:43 AM

libragirl-I think he was in the sun for a total of 20 minutes. After that, he just followed the shade! Maybe you should apply to Verizon!

5. bubblewench said:

on July 2, 2008 at 7:26 AM

please tell me you sent these to Verizon… that is great.

on July 2, 2008 at 8:34 AM

bubblewench-I knew FOR SURE that you would enjoy this. It chapped my ass to know that he was getting paid for this ‘job’!

on July 2, 2008 at 8:43 AM

I want that job!

Finns last blog post..In The Land Of Milk And Honey

on July 2, 2008 at 8:54 AM

Finn-You gotta fight me for it!! b-(

9. Teri said:

on July 2, 2008 at 9:04 AM

I’d like to have the cushy job. Being outside all day and not doing anything except sitting in the chair, sipping your iced tea and reading a book!??!?!8->

Teris last blog post..Guns

10. Robin said:

on July 2, 2008 at 12:20 PM

Now that’s a fun job.

11. mixednut said:

on July 2, 2008 at 1:33 PM

Setting up all those cones AND that umbrella? How does he do it? I think I need to be his assistant.

mixednuts last blog post..Remember When?

on July 2, 2008 at 1:52 PM

Teri-I think the hardest part of the day was watching the poor guy drink bottled water instead of iced tea. That really is a cushy job!

on July 2, 2008 at 1:53 PM

Robin-It sure is fun–just look at the yellow umbrella,ella,ella,eh,eh,eh…

on July 2, 2008 at 1:55 PM

mixednut-I don’t know about that. You might break a sweat and it seems like that is against the union rules!

15. Froggywoogie said:

on July 2, 2008 at 3:00 PM

I’m shocked you didn’t even think of offering the poor guy some cold drink or something. Where is your legendary sense of hospitality? Paying your taxes for his salary is not enough, really

Froggywoogies last blog post..Why flight pilots couldn’t have a little fun?

on July 2, 2008 at 4:08 PM

Froggywoogie-Perhaps I offered him something other than a drink. Maybe THAT’S why he knocked off early! I’ll never tell! :-$

17. Nobody™ said:

on July 7, 2008 at 8:10 AM

I did a lot of that last summer, but that’s only because I work for the government AND am in the union.

Nobody™s last blog post..Still here, still Nothing

on July 7, 2008 at 10:14 AM

Nobody-Union AND Government? Then you must have done twice as much of that cushy job! Lucky Duck!

19. Valium drug information. said:

on June 4, 2009 at 9:11 PM

Information for teens about valium….

Information for teens about valium. Valium drug information….