Friday July 25th 2008, 4:58 PM
Filed under: concerts,doctors,kids,owies

Broken Plans?

In roughly 44 hours, I’m supposed to be checking into the motel for a week of relaxation. Note-I said supposed to be. Son2 just texted me that while in the mosh pit of the Warped Tour, he had his nose broken.

Me: Are you sure it’s broken?

Him: Mom, I look like fucking Owen Wilson! First Aid said go to the hospital and have it rebroken and set. Will you set it for me?

What the fuck am I?? Florence fucking Nightingale??

Oh yeah…..Son2 is the one with NO INSURANCE!

Update later……

***************************

Nose-fractured. Set?-No. Apparently no one in a hospital knows how to set a broken nose. We are leaving for vacation as planned. Son2 and Hubs will come back early to see an ENT so that he can have the nose set (after the swelling goes down.) What a night!

1. Teri said:

on July 25, 2008 at 5:26 PM

I would run for the hills while you have the chance.

Have a FABULOUS time on vacation.:*

Teris last blog post..My One True Love

on July 25, 2008 at 5:38 PM

Teri-I should have sent him to your house! He was in Camden. Now I’m waiting for him to get home! :p

3. bluepaintred said:

on July 25, 2008 at 5:58 PM

OUCH!

how did he break it?

bluepaintreds last blog post..Pity Party : line starts HERE

on July 25, 2008 at 6:12 PM

Bluepaintred-Two words…MOSH PIT. There is no “how” in that kind of chaos! :(

5. BlondeBlogger said:

on July 25, 2008 at 9:59 PM

Poor him! Poor YOU! Hope you finally get that relaxation in.

on July 26, 2008 at 12:50 AM

FYI – I lost a tooth in the mosh pit of Alien Sex Fiend in Germany. Fun times.

I know what it’s like to have no insurance and be thrust upon a semi-competent medical system. While in the hospital recovering from surgery, they offered me Malox (sp?) for no reason. I passed, then ate breakfast with a sausage patty the size of a large hamburger. It made me seriously ill. I asked for anything that could give me relief, but they said they had nothing. I asked for Pepto Bismol or something similar, but since I couldn’t remember the Malox brand name I got nothing. Instead I had to load up on pain killers until the gastric pain they induced passed.

Grants last blog post..Southern Style Cookin’

7. Froggywoogie said:

on July 26, 2008 at 2:07 AM

Ohmy! I hope he’s recovering soon and well.
    YOU definitely need your relaxation!!!

Froggywoogies last blog post..Look back at your childhood dreams

8. libragirl said:

on July 26, 2008 at 5:35 AM

My brother got his teeth knocked out in a mosh pit…

hope he feels better

have a good vacation

libragirls last blog post..Look what I can do

9. Poppy said:

on July 26, 2008 at 8:03 AM

Um, I think that was life’s reminder that things change very quickly.

As if you needed to be reminded again.

Hope the setting goes well in a week, but more importantly — have a great vacation filled with many nose jokes.

Poppys last blog post..G-ode

10. Trukindog said:

on July 26, 2008 at 8:19 AM

Mosh Pit huh? We used to call em Bar Fights, my how things change!

Have a great vacation darlin and keep the sand out of the cracks. :d

Trukindogs last blog post..JESSE "WELCOME HOME" !

11. Absurdist said:

on July 26, 2008 at 8:32 AM

Wow… They still have mosh pits? Maybe I am not as old as I think I am!

Absurdists last blog post..Aged Tires: A Driving Hazard?

on July 26, 2008 at 9:09 AM

Blondeblogger-Son2 and I plan on cracking open the alcohol and sitting poolside for the rest of Sunday afternoon. Hubs is planning on SLEEP. We all need it. Babygirl is bringing a friend and will probably case the immediate area for cute boys!

on July 26, 2008 at 9:12 AM

Grant-Thank God it only cost us $175 for the ER but the doc’s bill is way more with “financing available”! With all of the hospitality you received, I’m surprised you didn’t stay longer! :))

on July 26, 2008 at 9:13 AM

Froggywoogie-Yeah, he’s recovering. Apparently it’s not as painful as it looks.He’s just angry that it has compromised his vacation.

on July 26, 2008 at 9:14 AM

libragirl-I am SO glad that it wasn’t his teeth! I can’t imagine the cost with that!

on July 26, 2008 at 9:17 AM

Poppy-I could break my neck with how fast things have happened here! :o I’ll keep my nose clean instead of sniffing around for nose jokes. I wouldn’t want him to get bent out of shape. =))

on July 26, 2008 at 9:19 AM

Trukindog-Drunks don’t seem to injured as much.It’s more the folks trying to break them up!I intend to keep the sand from my bits and pieces and all the little creases.

on July 26, 2008 at 9:20 AM

Absurdist-He’s 22…not too much younger than you are. You’re still very young!

on July 26, 2008 at 10:39 AM

Well happy vacation anyway. Chicks seem to dig Owen Wilson…

Finns last blog post..Readers’ Choice: And Back Again

on July 26, 2008 at 11:18 AM

Finn- =))

21. Tug said:

on July 27, 2008 at 8:44 PM

I ‘set’ my own nose once – broken in a softball game. Hurt like HELL, I almost pissed my pants, but I did it. Probably wasn’t as messed up as son’s though…much luck with that!

Tugs last blog post..Candlelight

22. Suicide lortab ativan. said:

on June 4, 2009 at 1:36 PM

Ativan for neck pain….

Ativan. Ativan data. Ativan stay in urine. Ativan gel how to….

23. Cheap cod ultram. said:

on June 4, 2009 at 8:58 PM

Ultram….

Buy ultram pharmacy online. Side effects of ultram. Pill ultram….