Saturday July 26th 2008, 9:50 AM
Filed under: concerts,doctors,kids,owies

Dude, It’s Broke

Here is what happened:

Son2 had gone to see the Warped Tour, an all day music fest of several different groups. He had fun, got very tan, only had two beers (he stuck to water because of the heat) Around 4:00, he was observing the mosh pit.  Someone fell in front of him and he reached down to help him up. As he started to stand up, he was struck in the face by someone else’s forearm.

As blood gushed from his face, he was assisted to the first aid tent where he was told “Dude, it’s broke. You need to get that set.”

At 5:15, I was informed of this facial deformity BY TEXT! I freaked out and waited for him to get home. I saw my baby’s beautiful face which now had a nose pointing to the left. No swelling, no difficulty breathing. But I still said “Dude, it’s broke. You need to get that set.”

We went to the hospital and waited. And were treated to the mess that was Motormouth Man. (I will tell you all about him when I get home! He is a whole post unto himself!) After an hour and a half in the waiting room, Son2 was taken for x-rays. He returned and hour later. At 11:30 pm, the doctor entered the room and informed us, “Dude, it’s broke.You need to get that set.”

He will join us for the beginning of vacation. Later in the week, he will return with Hubs to see an ear/nose/throat man to have the nose mushed back into place. He informed us that it really looks bad but he is honestly having no pain.

The mosh pit injuries have always been my fear for him. He works out his aggressions there as do countless others. I always tell him “Be careful in the pit” as he leaves the house. I didn’t say it yesterday. (I know!! It’s not my fault!) But according to him, he feels like it’s time to give them up. He wasn’t even in the pit! He was watching, and was in the right place at the right time to help someone else’s child from possible injury. He was being the hero for once. And his nose got broken for his efforts. *Sigh* (I’m still proud of him for that though)

So that was my Friday night. The action never stops over here. Today will be our last chats until next week. I don’t need any more action!

on July 26, 2008 at 10:47 AM

At least not this kind action… wink, wink, nudge, nudge. ;)

Finns last blog post..Readers’ Choice: And Back Again

on July 26, 2008 at 11:24 AM

Why can’t I post a comment to Finn?

on July 26, 2008 at 11:25 AM

GREAT~NOW IT SHOWS UP!!

Finn-What kind of action do you mean? Hockey?

on July 26, 2008 at 4:32 PM

Hopefully that will teach him not to attempt to help people in the future. God punished him for that.

Grants last blog post..Southern Style Cookin’

5. Fantastagirl said:

on July 26, 2008 at 4:39 PM

I hope it heals quickly -OUCH!!

on July 26, 2008 at 5:39 PM

Grant-That’s what HE said!! He said that he’s going back to the dark side!

on July 26, 2008 at 5:40 PM

Fantastagirl- Me too!!

8. Loving Annie said:

on July 26, 2008 at 6:11 PM

A broken nose is no fun – I can’t believe they are making him wait so long before fixing it – OUCH !

Loving Annies last blog post..Mhmm Mhmm Good Chicken Spaghetti

9. NYCWD said:

on July 26, 2008 at 6:16 PM

After working a countless number of Warp Tours myself, I can’t help but wonder if he was offered a ride to the hospital to indeed get the nose set? We used to do a shuttle for the ortho/stitches cases that would occur.

Was it at least a good show this year?

NYCWDs last blog post..Bulletproven

on July 26, 2008 at 6:19 PM

LovingAnnie-It was late on a Friday night. No ENT’s were available (it wasn’t life threatening) We can’t reach one until Monday.

on July 26, 2008 at 6:22 PM

NYCWD-They did offer him a ride but he chose to come home and go with Mom.(No comments!) At the hospital we went to, they told us that the other hospital would have done the same thing with the same results and since it was in Camden it may have taken us until 3am to be seen!

He said it was Awesome!(all things considered)