Sunday September 07th 2008, 12:06 PM
Filed under: celebration,family,Friends,kids,love,other shit,weight

Just stuff…

Just a few things:

*I went to the wedding on Friday night. The bride was gorgeous, the groom was handsome, I had a great time. I wore the print dress (Hubs liked that one alot) I was rewarded for the effort¬† ¬†;)) . Unfortunately, I don’t have pictures of myself, but they do exist for other people.

bryan-and-jen-s-wedding-078.jpg

Don’t they look happy?

*I am now entering the second full week of my Alli diet. So far, so good. No ‘distress’. No starvation. I even found ice cream sandwiches that fulfill the cravings for sweet, chocolate, and cold all at one time! AND….I have lost 6 pounds!!

*The kids have all returned to school- preschool, grade school and high school. I am currently here alone during the day. But as the saying goes, “feast or famine”. I have gotten inquiries from two moms. One with an 8 month old and a two year old and another with twin three year old boys! I wonder if I can handle them all…..although I have learned that the more you have the easier it is to amuse them. I will be interviewing them this week.

So that’s all I’ve got going on over here. I hope every one has a good week!

1. Evil Genius said:

on September 7, 2008 at 4:58 PM

Six pounds? That’s awesome! Keep up the good work! Now I’m even tempted to try the Alli….

Evil Geniuss last blog post..Of All the Bad Luck

on September 7, 2008 at 7:50 PM

Evil Genius- I don’t know if you read this post, http://dontwannahearit.com/2008/08/24/monday-moaning-the-sharts/ , but if you haven’t, you should before you decide to try this. Even though it is working, I am VERY diligent about the amount of fats I am taking in!!

3. Shelli said:

on September 7, 2008 at 8:04 PM

Glad you had a good time! They do look happy.

Do you have to be licensed in your state to do childcare?

Shellis last blog post..I May Just Get Some Hate Mail

on September 7, 2008 at 9:15 PM

Shelli-Yes. But one of these girls is practically family and the other is a friend of a friend. I don’t usually have all these kids at the same time. Often it is so that Grandmoms have a break. The only time it’s crowded is when the others have the day off from school and then Babygirl is here with me.

5. Mik said:

on September 7, 2008 at 10:03 PM

Hi, he he I forgot your name when the wife asked, it’s old age dontcha know!

Ice cream sandwich diet, sign me up.

6. Jezebel said:

on September 8, 2008 at 4:46 AM

Be VERY careful with Alli! Years ago when people were buying it in prescription form (Xenical) my doctor told me to always carry an extra pair of panties with me! I’m sure you’ve already figured out why! *wink* I’m glad you found something that works for you and congratulations on the weight loss!! By the way, you can NEVER go wrong with ice cream sandwiches!!

Jezebels last blog post..adding a piece to the puzzle

7. Matt-Man said:

on September 8, 2008 at 7:39 AM

Enjoy your daily dose of solitude while it lasts. Cheers!!

Matt-Mans last blog post..September, I’ll Remember…

on September 8, 2008 at 8:23 AM

Mik-SNACK!! Not diet! :)) It covers a multitude of cravings so I am a very happy camper!

on September 8, 2008 at 8:25 AM

Jezebel-I have been very lucky in that by watching the fat content of my meals, I won’t have a “need” ( :o )for the spares. but I am aware and carry ‘back ups’!

on September 8, 2008 at 8:27 AM

MattMan-I will enjoy the time immensely. What to do?….What to do?….Got any ideas? :??

on September 8, 2008 at 9:45 AM

Six pounds? Great! Congratulations!

The groom looks a bit like my brother in that picture.

Finns last blog post..An Open Letter To The Candidates

12. Loving Annie said:

on September 8, 2008 at 11:21 AM

Congrats on losing 6 pounds already ! That is excellent !!!

Loving Annies last blog post..Necessary Knowledge :)

on September 8, 2008 at 11:35 AM

Finn- Then your brother is a good-looking fella!

on September 8, 2008 at 11:35 AM

LovingAnnie-Thank you. So far, so good! :)

15. Winter said:

on September 8, 2008 at 12:38 PM

YAY on the weight loss! Hope this stuff really works for ya!

16. Catscratch said:

on September 8, 2008 at 2:06 PM

You almost make me wanna go get Alli. I’m just scared. I am thinking it’s gonna take some help for me to get past the plateau……

Congrats to the bride & groom, both lovely. And to you for being rewarded!

Catscratchs last blog post..$5,000 Dollar Suits, Scotch & Tater Salad

on September 8, 2008 at 2:26 PM

Winter-When I consider the fact that I have been eating sensibly and exercising (some) for the past year and not losing ANYTHING, I think that using this has gotten me ‘somewhere’. We’ll just wait and see how well I do!

on September 8, 2008 at 2:27 PM

Catscratch- The plateaus do suck. I haven’t hit one yet and I hope to avoid it!

19. John said:

on September 8, 2008 at 3:06 PM

Congrats on the LB droppage! : )

Good for you.

Johns last blog post..Dirty Work

20. whall said:

on September 8, 2008 at 3:12 PM

To me, the girl in the pic is almost saying “can you hurry up and snap the pic so I can go party!?!?!??!”

whalls last blog post..The Hot Blogger Calendar Scandal REVEALED

on September 8, 2008 at 4:52 PM

John-The droppage is great as long as I don’t pick it up again! (Thanks!)

on September 8, 2008 at 4:52 PM

whall-And what a party it was!

23. hello haha narf said:

on September 9, 2008 at 4:59 PM

i am cracking up at the alli thing because you are braver than i am! my coworker had been on it and doing great, then in the airport security line he coughed and shit his pants. woops!

on September 9, 2008 at 5:55 PM

Hellohahanarf-It has been easier than I expected. I can have 15g of fat total in a day, so I try to keep it between 3 and 5g per meal.I have a friend who also “woopsed” in the CVS so I am very careful. I try to be prepared (“depending” on where I am going) *wink wink-knowwhatImean?

25. hello haha narf said:

on September 9, 2008 at 6:58 PM

i can’t believe you are doing this to yourself!
    you crack me up, woman!

hello haha narfs last blog post..451

on September 9, 2008 at 9:24 PM

hellohahanarf-Either I am very brave or totally retarded!

27. Utracet vs ultram. said: