Wednesday October 08th 2008, 8:57 PM
Filed under: celebration,contest,fantasy,holiday,miscellaneous,other shit,questions

Who’s Scared?

Help me get my mojo back.

What is your favorite scary story, horror movie, urban legend, monster, etc?

Mine would be:

Scary story: “The Murders in the Rue Morgue” by Edgar Allan Poe

Horror Movie:”The Haunting” 1963 Starring Julie Harris

smurf3.gif

Urban Legend-The lone woman stops for gas on a dark and stormy night and unbeknownst to her an ax murderer  is hiding in the back of her car mouth-breathing.. watching her…awaiting his chance…Creepy!

Monster-Any Zombie. They are wicked cool.

Okay, I gave you mine, now gimme yours!

(~~)  (~~)  (~~)

Insane Mama is having a Halloween contest with some kick-ass prizes. I really shouldn’t tell you about it because if you enter, there’s less of a chance that I’ll win, but I’m a fucking sport and I love you punks! So go check it out.

1. Teri said:

on October 9, 2008 at 8:20 AM

Any movie that has people being chased/stalked scares the bejesus out of me. I even have bad dreams about being chased and it scares me.:((

Any ghosty kind of movie, I love. It’s scary without being so real it scares you to death (i.e., Blair Witch, The Ring, etc.).8->

Teris last blog post..Where’s my mojo?

on October 9, 2008 at 9:09 AM

“The Blair Witch Project” freaked me out a bit after I saw it, but usually I find horror movies boring.

Anything by Poe is creepy.

Finns last blog post..Titanic Slept Here

on October 9, 2008 at 9:29 AM

Like, boo. Hopefully that got you back in the mood.

Scary story – The Shining. Horror movie – The Exorcist. Monster – I’m partial to Satan, although the asshats in Hollywood rarely do him any justice.

Grants last blog post..Bunny Dumped

on October 9, 2008 at 9:37 AM

Teri-Ghosts are more real than any other movie “bad guy”.I never understood the big deal about the Blair Witch movie.

on October 9, 2008 at 9:39 AM

Finn-Horror movies boring?? OMG!! They are so diverse. Not all of them are slasher movies. I like creepy ones too. Now “The Notebook”….JEEZ!!! THAT was scary!

on October 9, 2008 at 9:44 AM

Grant-You bring up a good point about Satan. You’re right…he is usually portrayed as a cartoonish character or the weird creature with horns. My favorite portrayal was Al Pacino in “the Devil’s Advocate” He was only a man but evil and creepy.

7. Evil Genius said:

on October 9, 2008 at 10:17 AM

I hate to admit it, but I’m totally freaked out by the “Chucky” movies. That little doll scares the SHIT outta me! And the other one that always gets me is The Shining.

Anything by Poe can scare me! And some of Stephen King’s stuff (Pet Cemetary especially!).

The urban legend that always scared me was the boyfriend/girlfriend who run out of gas. He leaves to go to a gas station, and later she hears this scratching on the roof of the car – it’s him hanging from a tree branch over the car! EEEK!

Evil Geniuss last blog post..This Meme is for the Worms

on October 9, 2008 at 11:14 AM

Evil Genius-I will admit that it isn’t the movie Chucky that scared me, but rather Son1 had a Cabbage Patch Kid that looked like him. That thing creeped me out, especially after seeing the first movie. “Jack” conveniently got ‘lost’ when we moved out of our apartment! :-ss

9. Lynn said:

on October 9, 2008 at 12:07 PM

I have to agree with ya on the ax murderer in the back seat. Geez, just reading about it creeps me out.

What was that movie…The Hitcher? That one skeered me, too!

When we were in Camden, Maine, we had to turn around and go back to see if I saw what I thought I saw. An old Victorian home and every window had dolls standing in it. CREEPY as hell. Bitch must not want any visitors!

Lynns last blog post..Everything and Nothing

on October 9, 2008 at 12:47 PM

Lynn-Did you just say ‘DOLLS’?? That is one hobby I will NEVER understand. Dolls are creepy every day-not just Halloween. The look at you….. and stare… ugh! Which Hitcher did you refer to? Rutger Hauer(My choice) or Sean Bean?

11. insane mama said:

on October 9, 2008 at 2:04 PM

Your such a fucking sport! Thanks for participating, you are in for three entries

insane mamas last blog post..Holy Crapanoly

on October 9, 2008 at 2:17 PM

insane mama-Sa-WEET!!! I hope others join in *noidon’t* so it will be a fun raffle *Ihopeiwinitall* =))

13. kapgar said:

on October 9, 2008 at 10:18 PM

I want that Smurf! Tell me you own it and will sell it!

kapgars last blog post..Radio, someone still loves you…

on October 9, 2008 at 11:14 PM

kapgar-Whoa! Down boy!! Google images, son. Sorry to disappoint you. (But he sure does look like a fun Smurf!)

15. whall said:

on October 14, 2008 at 9:55 AM

Hmm. I tried thinking about a response and ended up thinking I’d be all funny and stuff and say “Obama” scares me, but as I look and read what I type, it’s just not funny. Or fair.

Then I thought… what am I really afraid of? then I realized that what I’m most afraid of, I’m not willing to write down (or type it in) because then that gives it power.

Then again, maybe I’m supposed to face the fear and conquer it.

Decisions, decisions….

ok, I’ll wimp out and just say the first movie that ever scared me. It was one of the mummy movies, but I don’t recall the title. I do remember I was about 7 or 8 and the movie was in black and white. Then a couple of weeks later the babysitter decided in her infinite wisdom to let me and my brother watch some horror flick about a school teacher who used the paper cutter to cut off the fingers of his students. I don’t recall much gore or anything but it was scarier than anything I’d seen up to that point.

whalls last blog post..Hey, look over there!

on October 14, 2008 at 10:03 AM

whall-Are you kidding? I don’t think I’ve ever heard of the movie with the teacher. My babysitters ALL watched horror movies. They were the best! The Mummy was cool!