Wednesday October 29th 2008, 9:27 AM
Filed under: fantasy,kids,music,other shit

Calm

The babies are here. They have been fed. We have played and laughed. They have been to the potty and been changed. Now they nap.

I won’t hear a peep from them for two hours, so I came to the computer to check emails and maybe read a blog or two.

I have a book that I like to read while they nap. There are plenty of movies on television and on my video shelves. To my right on the desk, is an unread “Rolling Stone”, a “Reader’s Digest” and a “Better Homes and Gardens”.

Downstairs, a load of laundry awaits the dryer. A load of towels is creeping ever higher to the washer door. Dishes with oatmeal grow crusty in the sink.

I have plenty to do.

dreamstime_2234903-01.jpg

But I will sign off the computer. I’ll turn off the television. I’ll place my earbuds in my ears and turn on the ipod.

And I’ll lean my head back and breathe deeply.

And enjoy the calm.

on October 29, 2008 at 9:55 AM

Can you babysit me? I could use food and laughter and a nap. I think I can change myself.

Grants last blog post..Breaking the Fast

on October 29, 2008 at 10:12 AM

Excellent idea!

Finns last blog post..This Is Mine

3. bluepaintred said:

on October 29, 2008 at 10:52 AM

And that is the way it is supposed to be. What do you want when you are 100? To think back fondly of how clean your house was or to think back at how HAPPY you were?!

bluepaintreds last blog post..Insert big sigh here

on October 29, 2008 at 10:56 AM

Grant-Changing you would be the highlight of my day…and yet, you deprive me! :(

on October 29, 2008 at 10:57 AM

Finn-I have been known to have a good idea or two! :))

on October 29, 2008 at 10:58 AM

Bluepaintred-When I am 100, I want to think back and remember the great sex I had with Julio in the cabana, Ramone on the beach, Jacques in the elevator,….. ;))

7. catscratch said:

on October 29, 2008 at 11:39 AM

The simple things. Earbuds and a Reader’s Digest…

Can’t beat it.

catscratchs last blog post..Jack, The Devil & Drinkin til ya Puke

8. jGrrl said:

on October 29, 2008 at 2:06 PM

Amen sister, I stole a nap a while ago, it was bliss!

jGrrls last blog post..Prop 8 – Hate is NOT a Family Value

9. Evil Genius said:

on October 29, 2008 at 2:28 PM

Good for you! Ugh, I’ve got the freaking worst migraine right now and I’d give anything to just sit back and close my eyes…maybe in a few more hours. If I don’t die first. :(

on October 29, 2008 at 3:25 PM

Catscratch-Even better? Add a bubble bath to that mix! Oh yeah…..:)

on October 29, 2008 at 3:27 PM

jGrrl-I love stolen naps. I’m in training for Daylight Saving Time, so no naps. My body clock will get wonky! (:|

on October 29, 2008 at 3:30 PM

Evil Genius-Son1 told me of a trick that sometimes works for the headache (if it’s not too too bad) Drink a cup of coffee or caffeinated tea. Then sit back and try to nap. Even if you only catch a few minutes of rest, the coffee kicks in and you don’t wake up all groggy. I hope the migraine leaves soon. #-o

13. Tug said:

on October 29, 2008 at 6:12 PM

Sometimes you’ve just got to let it all go…and relax.

14. vodkamom said:

on October 29, 2008 at 7:48 PM

I am so damn jealous right now.

on October 29, 2008 at 9:07 PM

Tug-Yeah, it’s an energizer in the middle of a hectic day! :)

on October 29, 2008 at 9:07 PM

vodkamom-Don’t be jealous, I’ll send some energy over to you! :)

17. Coal Miner's Granddaughter said:

on October 29, 2008 at 9:26 PM

Enjoying the calm is always a great thing. Hope it was great!

Coal Miner’s Granddaughters last blog post..Therapy

on October 29, 2008 at 9:50 PM

Coal Miner’s Daughter-I’m so rested, I may have trouble sleeping tonight.(unless I find something else to relax me..;)) )