Friday November 21st 2008, 7:46 PM
Filed under: family,happy,Hubs,weather,Winter

Great Day

Today is a great day.

I woke up with a warm puppy. My Hub’s hand was warm on my breast as we snuggled up like spoons. Eventually, he got up and ready for work. The boys left. Babygirl left. I turned on the television to catch the news before getting out of bed.

Snow showers. Yes, that’s what the weatherdude called it. Oh they’ll just blow right through and easy peasy, no problems. I got up, and dressed. I put on Bandit’s jacket and my own and stepped out for his morning pee.

project3.png

We had full-on snow. Bandit can’t find grass and therefore, he cannot poop. I’m currently waiting for him to figure something out. I had to sweep the walkway because the kids were still coming.

The air was cold but not too bad. (Thanks to Dave, my head was hugged by an artificial duck!) I love it like that.

I love my neighborhood in the snow. The traffic alongside my house is muffled to a “shuuusshh” as the cars roll through the intersection. I can’t see the leaves all over my yard. And the trees which have been nearly an eyesore due to the lack of leaves are arrayed in white glory. This, my friends, is the best part of living in area full of trees. Nothing is ugly. All the scars are erased.

project5.png

Until I walk out the door again……

Then I will  be the flake that is falling.

1. Tug said:

on November 21, 2008 at 9:02 PM

I love frost-covered naked trees…beautiful!

Tugs last blog post..Plant Penis

2. Shelli said:

on November 21, 2008 at 9:13 PM

I want some snow!

Shellis last blog post..Author! Author!

3. whall said:

on November 21, 2008 at 10:23 PM

heya – this is whall. that snow is inviting but did you know you had an upgraded blog? :)

(man, I really really want some of that snow)

whalls last blog post..Coughey anyone?

4. Robin said:

on November 21, 2008 at 10:25 PM

“And since everyone is at work, I can stand at my door, cup of coffee in hand, and watch the flakes fall.

Until I walk out the door again……

Then I will be the flake that is falling.”

I LOVE this line!!

Robins last blog post..Even MORE profound shit…

5. Tug said:

on November 21, 2008 at 10:39 PM

YAY Whall on the upgrade – seems to work just fine!

Tugs last blog post..Plant Penis

on November 21, 2008 at 11:26 PM

Tug-I think they are the most beautiful sights of winter!

on November 21, 2008 at 11:27 PM

Shelli-As soon as you get some, you will be crying for it to stop! :((

on November 21, 2008 at 11:28 PM

whall-It’s soooooo pretty in the “work shop”!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!! :*

on November 21, 2008 at 11:29 PM

Robin-I had the visual and it just flowed. Don’t you just love when a line falls into place like that? :d

on November 21, 2008 at 11:30 PM

Tug-whall is a superman!!! (I wonder if his wife knows?) ;))

11. Shelli said:

on November 21, 2008 at 11:47 PM

Not me. I LOVE snow. Even in February.

Shellis last blog post..Author! Author!

on November 22, 2008 at 8:00 AM

What is this snow stuff of which you speak?

Grants last blog post..Awesomeness continued

13. jGrrl said:

on November 22, 2008 at 8:45 AM

I giggled madly at this post last night thinking “Poor mama!” and then I woke today, peeked out my window, and a little voice inside my head squawked “karma!” my yard looks about the same :((

OOOh! I posted a pic of my new cook pot and my special birthday gift!

jGrrls last blog post..ZuneGrrl to the 33rd!

14. Giggle Pixie said:

on November 22, 2008 at 9:19 AM

OMG, it’s so beautiful! Looks just like that here too, and I’m completely in awe and wonder every stinking winter – that first big snow falls and I’m a kid again, starry eyed and trying to catch snowflakes on my tongue.

And yes, I still make snow angels.

Enjoy your day inside and stay warm!

Giggle Pixies last blog post..My Visit from the Snow Fairy

on November 22, 2008 at 10:50 AM

Shelli-I thought I was the only one. I’ve been told that it is only because I don’t drive. If I did, I’d bitch about it all the time. I don’t think so. I love it .

on November 22, 2008 at 10:51 AM

Grant-I should put some in a box and mail it to you.Or a jar. Yes, a jar would do….

on November 22, 2008 at 10:52 AM

jGrrl-Take Weemale outside in it! I think it’s beautiful.(and yes, that Karma thing sucks sometimes.)

on November 22, 2008 at 10:53 AM

GigglePixie-I haven’t made a snow angel in YEARS! Maybe I’ll get around to doing that this year!

19. Teri said:

on November 22, 2008 at 11:18 AM

wow, we got NOTHIN here in Jersey and I’m not that far away from you.:((

Teris last blog post..The Birds

on November 22, 2008 at 12:25 PM

Teri-You’re such a hottie that it all melted before it landed. ;))

21. Philly said:

on November 23, 2008 at 4:35 AM

We didn’t get as much snow as you guys, just enough to cover the lawn and trees. It did look pretty, didn’t it?

Phillys last blog post..Fellas , listen to your woman

22. Poppy said:

on November 23, 2008 at 10:40 AM

Oooooh, pretty snow! Happy to admire it from VERY AFAR. :d

Poppys last blog post..On cannibalism

on November 23, 2008 at 2:31 PM

Philly-That’s enough for me! Anyway, it was already fading fast threee hours later! :(

on November 23, 2008 at 2:32 PM

Poppy-You do realize that you are still in the Northeast, right? You’ll get some too my pretty! :)

25. Poppy said:

on November 23, 2008 at 3:51 PM

BITE YOUR TONGUE!

I know, that’s why I bought a coat that is both fleece-lined and down and has a hood built in. But I’m still in denial.

Poppys last blog post..On cannibalism