Sunday January 25th 2009, 9:44 PM
Filed under: birthday,desire,Monday,weight

Monday Moaning-I Want…..

I want….. to eat.

This is very different from saying “I am hungry”. The truth is that I am not hungry. This totally sucks. I want…something. I don’t know what.

Usually, I have a craving. Milk, yogurt, ice cream or cheese cravings signal a need for more dairy in my diet. If I want fruit salad or a regular salad, it usually signals to me that I haven’t been eating enough vegetables. The same with bread or cereal.(Lack of fiber) My cravings are usually very easy to read. And they normally are accurate about what my diet is lacking.

Except today. I want……I don’t know.

I went out for breakfast today. I had a huge Belgian waffle with fresh, warm blueberries. I had a small bowl of cottage cheese. I had a well-rounded meal. However, 2 short hours later, I wanted ‘something’.

You wanna know what else I noticed? I am bored. This is not good. ‘Boredom eating’ is treacherous to me. I am bored frequently in the winter. *Sigh* Not good.

I’ve been food shopping. I have a variety of chips, crisps and crackers. I have a box of chocolates. I have apples, oranges and grapefruit in the house. I have sherbet in the freezer.

I want………none of the above.

It might be a texture thing. I need to chew. Like a hoagie or a steak. Like a chocolate cake. Like strawberry pie. Like a bag full of Skittles. Like pepperoni and cheese. Like¬† a bowl of buttery popcorn….

I want…….this craving to pass!

********************************

Speaking of I want…

I want to wish Adam a very happy birthday with many more to follow.

May you have one wish come true for every hair on your entire body. That’s alot of wishes!!¬† :*

1. People in the Sun said:

on January 25, 2009 at 11:13 PM

Maybe your craving is a metaphor for the American Dream? Maybe you’re a metaphor? Oh no!

People in the Suns last blog post..Wait! You’re telling me his middle name is Hussein? What Have We Done? (and other inauguration thougts)

2. that girl said:

on January 26, 2009 at 12:49 AM

did you say chocolates? what kind of chocolates? mmmm … i love chocolate!!

that girls last blog post..to ink or not to ink

on January 26, 2009 at 8:29 AM

People in the Sun-Metalphor Metalmom? :)) That must be it. I am a manifestation of America’s hunger!

on January 26, 2009 at 8:33 AM

that girl-Yum….They have creamy fillings and rich caramels…milk and dark chocolates…. =p~

5. Loving Annie said:

on January 26, 2009 at 9:42 AM

Oh very truw – boredom equals eating, and even sometimes shopping, and then again sometimes secks =p~

Loving Annies last blog post..Work, Eat, Sleep… Play :)

on January 26, 2009 at 9:50 AM

LovingAnnie-That’s what I need. Something to keep me busy so that boredom doesn’t creep in! I’ll go have some secks. Wanna go shopping? I’ll be done in five minutes, I’ll meet you! =))

on January 26, 2009 at 10:05 AM

Chew some gum. That actually burns calories.

Finns last blog post..Ton Of Bricks, Meet Finn

on January 26, 2009 at 10:26 AM

Finn-Hmm…You’ve got something there. Now what’ll it be? Juicyfruit? Orbit? Bubblicious? Doublemint? Dentyne?…..

9. Avitable said:

on January 26, 2009 at 10:31 AM

That’s almost infinite wishes for me! Thank you.

Avitables last blog post..Avitaweek 2009: It’s over, finally!

10. Robin said:

on January 26, 2009 at 10:56 AM

When I’m bored I snack like crazy, I tend to snack most on Sundays.

11. Giggle Pixie said:

on January 26, 2009 at 11:06 AM

Usually when I get this kind of craving it means I want to go someplace, do something active. Wait, that’s not necessarily true, ’cause sometimes it’s I want to go to Barnes & Nobles, where I sit on my ass in a puffy chair and read. I guess it’s I want “me” time.

Giggle Pixies last blog post..Beavers and Ducks, Chickens and Minivans, Oh My!

on January 26, 2009 at 11:06 AM

Avitable-May you never go bald, my friend. :*

on January 26, 2009 at 11:09 AM

Robin-That’s what makes this such a treacherous craving. I will go from package to package just stuffing my face until my stomach hurts. And then the guilt will come as I realize how much I need to work out to burn it off! :(

on January 26, 2009 at 11:10 AM

GigglePixie-Sometimes it’s the “me time” that leaves me bored. I want to “do” and if I can’t find something to do, then I’ll eat. :((

15. whall said:

on January 27, 2009 at 11:40 AM

Sometimes I’m just plain thirsty. And no amount of water, gatorade, soda, beer or liquor does me any good. Then I eat something salty or sweet that jolts my palatte, and then finally something quenches the thirst.

So maybe you’re the opposite, and you need something new to drink.

16. Coal Miner's Granddaughter said:

on January 28, 2009 at 4:00 PM

I want to knock some heads in Washington D.C. And I want that sexy man! Damn, Adam Heath!

Coal Miner’s Granddaughters last blog post..Dialog, Part 20

on January 28, 2009 at 4:27 PM

whall-Hmm…new to drink….Let me check the State Store…:d

on January 28, 2009 at 4:28 PM

CMG- By sexy man, do you mean Adam? I love that picture. He is so the sexy man in that one. :)