Monday January 26th 2009, 6:15 PM
Filed under: Anger,assholes,ineptitude,other shit

Blago Blah Blah Blah

I’m screaming at the television again. That guy Rod Blagojevich is just pissing me off and he’s not even talking to me!!

I never used to follow politics until maybe 4-5 years ago. Now I try to catch Meet the Press, Face the Nation and Inside Washington as much as I can. This annoys Hubs because I yell, I curse, and I give myself a headache listening to some of the idiotic ideas that are discussed.

Well, it’s not the weekend. It’s not night either. It’s 11am and guess what’s on? THE VIEW.

Why do I even have this dreck on? I was watching Rachel Ray, that’s why. I was too lazy to change the channel. Then I look up and Blago is being interviewed by “Barbara in a box” (Barbara Walters was in Claifornia and doing the interview remotely)

I have to give BW props for trying to get an answer–ANY answer–out of him. But it seemed that all this tool could say was “Wah! They won’t let my witnesses testify!”

“Did you really say what was on the tape?”  “If I could call witnesses, they would prove my innocence!”

“Why did you try to sell Obama’s position?”  “My witnesses could  tell you that I didn’t”

“Is it true that you considered Oprah Winfrey for the position?”  “She’s a powerful woman and my witnesses could have told you that.”

Blah blah witnesses blah blah wah, I’m innocent! Ask my buddies! Wah wah, blah, blah WITNESSES!!  :-@

Why can’t these interviewers–even Barbara Walters–say “Um…yeah, we heard you THE FIRST SEVENTEEN TIMES! Say it once more and this interview is finished!”? It made her look less than professional as she simply repeated the same question over and over. He merely repeated his asinine mantra and instead of learning anything new, instead of hearing any part of his side of the story the viewing public was treated to juvenile antics amounting to nothing more than “Did not! Did not! Lalalala! I can’t hear you!”  %-(

1. kapgar said:

on January 26, 2009 at 7:21 PM

Hey, just be happy he’s not your governor.

kapgars last blog post..Oh baby, it’s cold outside…

2. Robin said:

on January 26, 2009 at 7:49 PM

My governor bought whores with our tax money, this guy goes on the talk show circuit to dodge the fact that he tried to make money off of Obama’s seat. Just scary all around. Funny, but scary. It’s like he knows he’s about to be impeached, so he just said ‘fuck it, let me be on TV for a hot minute…’

Robins last blog post..not THAT broke…

on January 26, 2009 at 7:50 PM

kapgar-I swear, I’d be jumping on the couch, pulling out my hair and writing numerous letters to the editor if he was!!

on January 26, 2009 at 7:54 PM

Robin-He seemed too desperate to prove his innocence. But he blew his opportunity with his crybaby performance.

on January 26, 2009 at 8:47 PM

It sounds like you were a lot happier before getting into politics. See, life is much better if you are just an empty-headed little bunny. Go put on some sexy lingerie, make your husband dinner, smile, and say “I fully support the president!” Say it that way you don’t even have to remember his name.

Grants last blog post..Interminable Interview Meme

on January 26, 2009 at 8:58 PM

Grant-How long have you been coming over here? METALMOM doesn’t do “empty-headed little bunny”! No siree. [-( Lingerie? Okay, but I won’t send pictures to you!

7. Trukindog said:

on January 26, 2009 at 9:11 PM

I believe my remote AND my legs would have to be broke to subject myself to such torturous drivel.

As far as Blago is concerned it’s like I yell at the TV when I watch cops JUST SHOOT HIM SHOOT HIM SHOOT HIM!!!

Trukindogs last blog post..THE TINIEST CABIN

on January 26, 2009 at 9:13 PM

Trukindog-I was yelling “Just shut up already!!” and “Lying asshole!!” Thank God I was alone!

9. whall said:

on January 26, 2009 at 9:57 PM

They all need to be replaced.

NOW.

whalls last blog post..Stuff you don’t want to MISC, #65

on January 26, 2009 at 10:05 PM

whall-All I wanted to watch was the girls chat about the SAG awards, and this is what I got. It was supposed to be mindless television, but NOOOO……

11. Fantastagirl said:

on January 26, 2009 at 11:18 PM

You know – you can tell a politician is lying because their lips are moving… think about it.

And that guy needs a new hair piece… it looks horrible. At least have a decent haircut.

12. Robin said:

on January 27, 2009 at 9:03 AM

They both deserve to be bitch slapped.

Robins last blog post..Mr. Kitty

on January 27, 2009 at 9:50 AM

Fantastagirl-:)) So true,so true! (on both counts!)

on January 27, 2009 at 9:52 AM

Robin-You said it,not me. (I had to add the disclaimer in case Babs sends the brute squad out for a threatening comment!!) *psst! I agree!

on January 27, 2009 at 10:04 AM

For goodness sake woman, why didn’t you just turn it off!? I used to like “The View,” but now it just makes my teeth itch.

Finns last blog post..Something, Something, Something

on January 27, 2009 at 10:16 AM

Finn-It was a horrible train wreck..I couldn’t turn away. He dug his grave deeper and deeper and I just yelled “STOP ALREADY!!” I like the end of Rachel Ray and immediately after that is the View. Sometimes I’m busy and it’s on before I realize it. I can’t stand Hasselbeck so usually it gets turned off right away.

17. Nobody™ said:

on January 27, 2009 at 2:51 PM

I saw that fucker on Nightline last night. He kept saying that if you listen to him on context you will hear that he isn’t a liar. He basically answered no questions.

on January 27, 2009 at 3:06 PM

Nobody-Not.a.single.one. Did it drive you crazy?? It did me. x(

19. Coal Miner's Granddaughter said:

on January 28, 2009 at 4:02 PM

And you know what drives me nuts?

1) The View is used by many women as their sole news source and they take those harpies seriously.
    2) Blago is the norm. He just got caught.

Wow. I’m in a cynical mood. I need some chocolate. :)

Coal Miner’s Granddaughters last blog post..Dialog, Part 20

on January 28, 2009 at 4:31 PM

CMG- 1) I had the same thought about the lemmings. The same with the “Oprites”. How they can take that crap as gospel is beyond me. 2)Yes indeed! Now go get your chocolate!