Thursday February 12th 2009, 9:22 PM
Filed under: celebration,Friends,Hilly,love

Loving Me

“Lovin’ me…is easy cuz I’m wonderful…dooten doodly-doo…..AAAHHHHHH……”

First things first. I’d like to thank everyone who stopped in yesterday to wish me a happy birthday. Your wishes warmed the cockles of my heart…….Okay, laugh at “cockles”…..I’ll wait….

Now on to business.

Tomorrow is Valentine’s Day, but how about if this year, you take the time to appreciate yourself for whatever reason you wish and at the same time, give others the opportunity to tell you what they love about you? (Special thanks to Hilly for letting us know that ‘self-love’ can be something other than what came to my dirty, dirty mind!)

The instructions are:

1.) Post one of the banners on your blog and declare February 14th as the day you not only love your one and only, but the day that you love yourself! (For those of you who need help, all you do is right-click over the image of your choice then click on “save as” and save it wherever you want.)

2.) Post one nice thing about yourself……then ask others to post one thing that they really like about you. The thing I like most about myself is the ability to speak the language of the little people (no, not the Leprechauns!) and the ability to lower myself to their level. (yes, this includes the talent for telling fart jokes to little boys)

3.) Enjoy yourself!

So everyone should have fun doing this instead of dwelling on the fact that today is FRIDAY THE THIRTEENTH!! (Dun, Dun, DAH!!!!!)

1. HoosierGirl said:

on February 12, 2009 at 11:14 PM

Great idea! I’ll do it. But this will have to share space with mushy stuff to my sweetie and birthday wishes to my little boy!! Yep, he’ll be 9!

Have an un-creepy Friday the 13th.

J.

HoosierGirls last blog post..In Memoriam

2. Loving Annie said:

on February 12, 2009 at 11:14 PM

That is a beautiful thing to do, Metalmom !!!

In advance, one of the things I like about you is that you are a loyal and consitent cyber friend :)

Happy Valentine’s Day 2009 to you :d

Loving Annies last blog post..Les Mars Hotel, Healdsburg

3. mixednut said:

on February 13, 2009 at 4:38 AM

Happy B-lated B-day MM!

mixednuts last blog post..From The Depths

4. HoosierGirl said:

on February 13, 2009 at 7:06 AM

I did it! PS. I like your sense of humor!

J.:d/

HoosierGirls last blog post..Happy Self-Love Day!

on February 13, 2009 at 7:51 AM

HoosierGirl-I’ll have some mush for mah baby too! :) Happy Birthday to “Mr 9”!

on February 13, 2009 at 7:53 AM

LovingAnnie-Thanks. :"> I try to do my best.

on February 13, 2009 at 7:54 AM

mixednut-Thank you sweetie! :d

on February 13, 2009 at 7:55 AM

HoosierGirl-What sense of humor? I”m so damn serious I make stones look soft! =))

on February 13, 2009 at 11:03 AM

I love your wonderful sense of humor and the way you make me laugh. You have the best attitude!

Happy VD!

Finns last blog post..There’s More To Self-Love Than… You Know

on February 13, 2009 at 12:18 PM

Finn-I was always a joker. If I hadn’t been so shy in school, I would have been the class clown. :O

11. Froggywoogie said:

on February 13, 2009 at 2:45 PM

Shit, I missed your birthday! I wasn’t around and I did miss some blog things.
    Happy belated birthday!!!!! At least I’m slowering the age process with that one :)

Froggywoogies last blog post..Guys backflip into jeans

12. Amber said:

on February 13, 2009 at 3:26 PM

1.) HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, MY FRIEND!!!!!

2.) I totally giggled at “cockles.” Hehehe

3.) I love you because you make fart jokes and give us a few seconds to laugh at things like “cockles.” And you adore scary movies and don’t hesitate to tell people to STFU when they’re getting on your nerves. You can out-drink a sailor and you love your family more than anything, even though you’ll totally smack them on the back of the head for being stupid. I love you because you never hesitate to email me, especially when you can tell I’m having a bit of a rough time and you included your home number for me to use anytime because you’re just that kind of friend. I love you because you can find the humor in just about everything and post pictures of your legs in sexy dresses and still have kinky sex, back problems and all (dude – it’s an inspiration thing, ok? lol).

You’re just freakin’ awesome!!! OKAY!?

xoxo

Ambers last blog post..The One Where I Piss Some People Off…

on February 13, 2009 at 4:02 PM

FroggyWoogie-I forgive you for missing the birthday because I know how full of hole the old brain is. :p Thank you, friend.

on February 13, 2009 at 4:04 PM

Amber-You crack me up every time you are here!! =)) “You can out-drink a sailor and you love your family more than anything, even though you’ll totally smack them on the back of the head for being stupid.” That was my favorite part!!!

You are super-dooper too!!

15. mixednut said:

on February 14, 2009 at 6:53 PM

Forgot to mention that you have awesome taste in music. =d>

mixednuts last blog post..Not Again