Tuesday June 16th 2009, 5:35 PM
Filed under: celebration,Friends,happy,Karl,love,mr Fab,music,Turnbaby

The Night Before THE NIGHT

ConFab has come and gone. An excellent time was had by all. I will attempt to tell you of all the fun.

Brad and Liz were the ultimate host and hostess. There was plenty of food and copious amounts of alcohol consumed by one and all. They seemed to be everywhere at once, making sure that everyone had a drink or a plate of food while cooking all sorts of culinary delights. They greeted each and every guest, acting as though we were all “family”. For this, Bubblewench and I rewarded them with a gift from our neck of the woods: Tastykakes. (YUMMY)

4687_89527069315_517324315_1715774_7482098_nbig-kakes

After settling in, napping up, and getting pretty, Sybil Law, Bubblewench and I joined the others at  Southland for a night of drinks and fun. On the big screen,  Becky watched her beloved Penguins win the Stanley Cup. So great was her happiness, that she bought a round of Patron shots for the entire bar to celebrate.  And then……

4990_108675761638_701606638_2715977_7097600_nbeck

I, a Philadelphia native and Flyers fan, drank a congratulatory toast to the the Penguins. *I hang my head in shame*

Other shenanigans were afoot. Photos were taken (both Friday and Saturday) that showed me more than I ever wanted to know about my friends and their sexual prowess. I’d love to tell you all about it all, but ConFab is like fight club and Vegas….it all stays there.

Can we talk about karaoke? For sure! Brad and Liz are old pros. This is something they do frequently, so of course they jumped in right away. Karl gave his awesome serenade to Brad, Marty was incredible, and there was Coal Miner’s Granddaughter. This seemingly proper and low-keyed woman gave a rousing performance of  Sir Mix-a-lot’s “Baby Got Back”. But this was not the one I was most impressed with. Laci, a new friend, stepped onto the stage and sang Bare Naked Ladies’ “One Week”  This is a difficult song to sing totally sober. Laci was not. She sang the shit out of that song, not missing a word or a beat. She claims to have skipped a verse but I couldn’t tell.

5016_125194487024_712637024_3269888_5677988_nbrad

Unfortunately, I was not feeling my best. It turned out that I was sick, but I didn’t know just how sick until the next morning.

Drink count for the evening: 4 waters, 3 beers, 1 Duck Fart, and 1 shot of Patron silver.

1. Lynda said:

on June 16, 2009 at 7:16 PM

Holy Moses, I wish I hadn’t been so tired that night.

Lyndas last blog post..Bloggers Do It Backwards

2. BlondeBlogger said:

on June 16, 2009 at 7:29 PM

Oh, I thought you were just party sick…not sick, sick. That sucks. (that was just a whole lot of s’s, c’s, and k’s I just typed, lol) Feel better, girlie!!

And please tell me you sang karaoke too while you were there!! *hug*

BlondeBloggers last blog post..First-Hand Account from Lucky No Doubt Fan

on June 16, 2009 at 8:09 PM

Lynda- You missed soooo much! But you sure made up for it on Saturday! :))

on June 16, 2009 at 8:13 PM

BlondeBlogger-I felt so much better later (The tale for tomorrow) And unfortunately, no, I just wasn’t ‘feeling it’. My stomach and head were not up to it. :((

5. Tug said:

on June 16, 2009 at 8:13 PM

That sucks that you were sick…hope you enjoyed anyway – wish I would have been there!

Tugs last blog post..Pray…

on June 16, 2009 at 8:14 PM

Mmmm… Tastykakes…

I await more details. And hope you’re feeling better.

on June 16, 2009 at 8:14 PM

Tug-Friday was an awesome night. We all had a great deal of fun. :d

on June 16, 2009 at 8:16 PM

Finn-I’ll have to ship you a box….or two…. =p~

9. fantastagirl said:

on June 16, 2009 at 8:21 PM

I so wish we would have been there for Friday night – stupid road construction!

You were too much fun!

fantastagirls last blog post..Slow News Day

10. Laci said:

on June 16, 2009 at 8:36 PM

I totally skipped a verse. I can’t sing that part sober, let alone drunk. LOL

I love, love, loved meeting you!!

11. Laci said:

on June 16, 2009 at 8:39 PM

Oopsie. Forgot something…

TWITTER! :-\

on June 16, 2009 at 8:39 PM

fantastagirl-I was so happy that you made it after all that ‘yes-no-yes-no’ business. It made me immensely glad to finally meet you and your husband!! :d

on June 16, 2009 at 8:42 PM

Laci-Not many folks can pull off being funny, friendly and lovable when they are drinking. You, my new friend, were ALL THREE! :* I’m still not quite sure about the Twittering….maybe ….when I do, you will be sure to know!

14. Turnbaby said:

on June 16, 2009 at 9:27 PM

Giggling about being an ‘old pro’;-) Gosh it was GREAT to finally meet YOU. You must come over from Philly when we make it to Pittsburgh–we’ll drink some Patron and cheer the SAWX!

Turnbabys last blog post..The Experience of a Lifetime

on June 17, 2009 at 7:16 AM

Turnbaby-The drive to Pittsburgh was the L-O-N-G-E-S-T part of the entire trip! (five or was it six? hours). But I can tell you, I will always be up for a road trip….especially if seeing you at the end is the payoff! :*

16. Nobody™ said:

on June 17, 2009 at 9:56 AM

So glad to get to meet you. You turned out to be exactly how I expected you. I felt like I’d known you for years.

We did seem to overstress our credit card on the trip, but that was probably more the two trips to Hooters and the stop for illegal fireworks. Ahh, ConFab Baby, Hooters, and fireworks! What a trip!

on June 17, 2009 at 11:04 AM

Nobody- I felt the same way. But honey, you could have saved alot of money by skipping Hooters and looking at mine! I’m cheaper…Or just cheap. :))

18. Hilly said:

on June 17, 2009 at 12:08 PM

My scale says I am allowed to yell at you for bringing those Tasty Cakes, you vixen!

Hillys last blog post..Living Just To Find Emotion…

19. Robin said:

on June 17, 2009 at 12:17 PM

I’m jealous :((

on June 17, 2009 at 12:57 PM

I was too sick to go. Maybe sometime you hicks could come to Atlanta, if the big city doesn’t scare you too much.

Grants last blog post..RIT – Random Illness Tuesday

on June 17, 2009 at 12:58 PM

Hilly-Sorry about the scale. It was just toooo much fun pinning you down to force feed them to you! :)) I’m glad Liz loves you enough to share! (Of course I do too :* )

on June 17, 2009 at 1:05 PM

Robin-I hope something happens up thataway so I can come see you! :)

on June 17, 2009 at 1:26 PM

Grant-I have a few friends in the Atlanta area and I would love to take a visit. :) I hope you feel better….or at least that you don’t have any burning fluids leaking from your body. =))

24. GingerSnaps said:

on June 18, 2009 at 1:08 AM

I’m Back…and…When We Were (Con)FAB……

Howdy!  I’m baaaaaaack!!!
    Taking a blog hiatus has been a good thing for me.  I was beginning to feel some sort of self-imposed pressure to post something every day and it was becoming a drudgery rather than enjoyable like it’s supposed t…

25. villanyszerelo budapesten said:

on May 5, 2012 at 11:30 AM

Excellent post. I used to be checking constantly this blog and I’m inspired! Very helpful information specially the last section :) I care for such information much. I used to be looking for this certain information for a long time. Thank you and best of luck.