Wednesday June 17th 2009, 8:13 PM
Filed under: celebration,Friends,happy,laughs,love,mr Fab,music,sex,Turnbaby

THE NIGHT

Saturday dawned early…far too early for me.

Five am is no time to wake up when you have a migraine. At first I thought that maybe I was hung over. But as time passed (excruciatingly slow, I might add) I realized that it was going to be worse. I got pukey sick and my head felt like it was crushed by a truck hurt like the dickens. I began to get the chills and then I got the sweats. Eventually Bubblewench and Sybillaw woke up and we decided to get breakfast. I hoped that maybe some pancakes would soak up whatever was breaking out of upsetting my stomach. After eating, we returned to the room where I promptly fell asleep like a dead woman on the  couch. I slept so deeply that I heard no one enter or exit the room.

During my slumber, I missed a trip to see the horses,  a shopping excursion, a tattoo outing, lunch, and just socializing. But apparently I needed my rest because I awoke bright-eyed and bushy-tailed. I was finally ready to go to ConFab!!!

We called for a cab so that Bubblewench could get her drink on with us. (As you can see, we are quite responsible when getting shit-faced). When we arrived at Bliss Manor, some folks were relaxing on the deck, others were by the outdoor bar, and still others were indoors. I got to meet such a supah blogger named….wait for it….DUTCHBITCH!!!  Yes! She had made the trip from Dutchlandia. She was every bit as beautiful in person as I knew she would be!

confab-101

Turnbaby was a busy little bee. No catering for that chick! She gave Martha Stewart a run for the money by making a slew of appetizers, beef tenderloin, and many other mouth-watering joys. Now that my stomach was better, I tried every.single.thing. Miss Turn was incredible, as was Mr Fabulous. They greeted us all and made sure that we all had full glasses, plates and conversations.

The drinks were…..

Ahh, the drinks……How to describe? Maybe this will do:

confab-070

Homemade Sangria…..O.M.G!

confab-147

This was the tip of the iceberg as far as alcohol goes!

And then…..Mr Evil Sadistic Fabulous brought out a tray of concoctions that was the downfall of many a blogger…….JELLO SHOTS!

confab-114

There was much eating, much-much drinking, laughter, singing, chatting…..as well as tweeting….go figure….

Eventually all good things must come to an end. Since Bubblewench had left with others, Sybillaw and I were left behind. Lucky for us, Lynda was sober enough to drive us to the hotel, where we discovered that neither of us had a key for the room. We banged and complained (loudly) before staggering our way to the lobby for a new one. We got into the room and there was no sign of Bubblewench!  She had gone to party with other bloggers in the hotel and that’s why no one opened the door!!

Everyone had a wonderful time. New friends were made and old friendships were tightened. And may I add….the best shirt of the party:

confab-090

I hope that I have an opportunity to meet all of these folks again. They are a wonderful bunch of people……

But we already knew that.

Drink count for the night: 2 extra superduper strong vodka and cranberry juice (Thanks Sodapop!), 5 bottles of water, 1 shot of moonshine….although I cannot remember if I actually did one. And jello shots: 1 coconut rum, 1 spiced(?) rum, 2 or 3 with vodka and the one made especially for me: Orange jello with Southern Comfort. I think I had 5 or 6…..I can’t remember that either…

1. Avitable said:

on June 17, 2009 at 10:11 PM

How could you forget to mention the dildo pics in either post? Wasn’t it your idea?!? :d

Avitables last blog post..Avitable’s rules for life

2. Laci said:

on June 17, 2009 at 10:35 PM

My head hurts just thinking about the Jello shots… :o

3. kim said:

on June 17, 2009 at 10:36 PM

It was great meeting you and hanging out with yall….I had a blast with all of you…can’t wait til the next time !! :d/

kims last blog post..Here’s looking at you…..

4. I’m Back…and…When We Were (Con)FAB… « GingerSnaps said:

on June 18, 2009 at 1:08 AM

[…] Loud Friend, Hilly, Miss Britt, Marty, Shiny, Avitable, Coal Miner’s Granddaughter, Janelle, Metal Mom, Shelli, Lynda, DutchBitch, Sheila, Jill, Monique, and many […]

on June 18, 2009 at 7:43 AM

Avitable-I believe I made an oral *snicker* contract with everyone who participated about not posting any of them. I even went further by not mentioning it. But you’re a blabbermouth! (I look at them every day and laugh my butt off….especially at yours, you perv!) =))

on June 18, 2009 at 7:51 AM

Laci-Oh but they were gooooooood! I’d go through that pain again….but I don’t have to. I’m making some for myself this weekend!! =p~

on June 18, 2009 at 7:55 AM

Kim-I had a wonderful time meeting you (and Greg) I’d chill with you any day…or night. When in Philly……I’m here! :d

on June 18, 2009 at 8:00 AM

Ginger-It was nice hanging out with you too. You are so pretty in person and you have a gorgeous smile! :*

on June 18, 2009 at 8:16 AM

My favorite T-shirt:

Haiku are easy
    But sometimes they don’t make sense
    Refrigerator

Grants last blog post..Wordless Wednesday

10. Nobody™ said:

on June 18, 2009 at 8:25 AM

That’s a kick-ass t-shirt.

on June 18, 2009 at 8:53 AM

Grant-You are such a goof! :)) But then, so am I. I love your haiku. =))

on June 18, 2009 at 9:04 AM

Nobody-the shirt rocks but the wearer is an ass! :)) Not really. I hear he is a handsome motherfucker with a hot wife.

13. DutchBitch said:

on June 18, 2009 at 2:31 PM

OMG woman! You are mking me :”> all the way down into my crotch!!! It was equally awesome meeting you, girl!!! (*)

DutchBitchs last blog post..Bullies Hug Too

14. Tug said:

on June 18, 2009 at 6:57 PM

Even though you missed some through the day, I’m SO glad you felt better that night & got to enjoy yourself!

Tugs last blog post..Pray…

15. Mik said:

on June 18, 2009 at 8:31 PM

Sounds like great fun was had by all.

Miks last blog post..Kitty Corner

16. fantastagirl said:

on June 18, 2009 at 8:53 PM

The moonshine was smooth… very smooth!

Was so awesome to meet you – and I’m so glad you were feeling better to party!

fantastagirls last blog post..Home

17. Turnbaby said:

on June 18, 2009 at 9:14 PM

You are so sweet!! We are so glad we finally got to meet you! Come back soon PLEASE!

Turnbabys last blog post..The Experience of a Lifetime

on June 19, 2009 at 7:02 AM

DutchBitch-Down to your crotch? I hope it feels good for ya! ;))

on June 19, 2009 at 7:06 AM

Tug-Thanks. I was VERY glad of it. I would have had to request a do over if I’d missed it! :o

on June 19, 2009 at 7:10 AM

Mik-Words are inadequate. It was truly spectacular! :d

on June 19, 2009 at 7:14 AM

fantastagirl-You surprised me. You are so funny and sweet and “skilled” :)) I had a great time meeting you. :*

on June 19, 2009 at 7:19 AM

Turnbaby-You were such a generous and gracious hostess. I wouldn’t think twice about showing up on your doorstep again. I had such a wonderful time. Thank you. :*

23. John said:

on June 19, 2009 at 2:38 PM

All this looks familiar somehow … : )

Johns last blog post..Plowed Under

on June 19, 2009 at 6:43 PM

John-As the night went on, all of my pictures got blurry! :))

25. whall said:

on June 20, 2009 at 10:39 AM

Maybe next time :) I’m so glad you had a good time!

whalls last blog post..iPhone Details, part 2

26. fantastagirl said:

on June 20, 2009 at 11:30 PM

But “skilled” in a good way right? o:-)

fantastagirls last blog post..Swim Lessons