Saturday January 30th 2010, 2:06 PM
Filed under: kids,love,pets,weather,Winter

Ch-Ch-Chilly Willy

Those of us with pets love them like they were our children.  We take the time to come up with the ‘perfect’ name. We notice the little things that would distinguish your own bulldog from three other nearly identical bulldogs. We give them a place to sleep and buy them toys. Some folks will be happy with that. Many, many others go that ‘extra step’.

Spoiling.

Bandit is as spoiled as they come. I can tell you why too. My own kids were independent from the get-go. Before they ever reached school age, I knew which ones never wanted breakfast. I knew how much it annoyed one to be woken up by mom, prompted to hurry up and asked if they had all their papers.  I knew which one wanted some chitchat.

Bandit has no such requests.He loves the ‘smothering’.  He wants me to sit down so he can sit on my lap. He wants his ears rubbed. He likes to be warm. Oh boy, does he like to be warm.

100_2611

We got our gas/electric bill for the month of December. It was nearly $150. higher than usual. Since I am here alone in the daytime, I like to snuggle with the pup on the couch, under a blanket, watching a movie with a cup of tea or cocoa. My night sweats and hot flashes make me want the heat turned down all the time. I love the weight and feel of a warm hoodie, a thick sweater, and fluffy socks. How did it go up so fucking high??

I finally put two and two together.

100_2614

Bandit will sit in front of the heater. Not just near it. Not just in front of it. ALL UP IN IT. If he got any closer, he would be sliced into quarter inch little slivers. He hears the heat come on and runs to the heater, and sucks it all up. When it finally starts to cool a bit, he will run back to me and snuggle again, or he will curl up on his couch.

Today, it’s cold–or ‘Fucking Cold” according to my weather page.

100_2612

I made sure to put his warm jacket on when he went out to pee, but I pulled it off him when he came back in. (After much whining and trying to get away from me!) I felt bad and since I was also taking away the heater privileges, I let him wear his sweater. He’s not very happy with me, but an extra $150? I could use it in my pocket!

We will now see if the bill goes down. We will also wait and see if Bandit can find a way to get at the heater. Because I don’t think the cold is going away any time soon….

100_2613

on January 30, 2010 at 2:36 PM

It’s fucking cold here, too, dammit! I HATE when the energy bill comes.
    Bandit is so, soo cute. How can you deny that sweet face?! I’m kidding – Meatball is cute, but that fucker can snuggle with me before I worry about him “suffering” as opposed to the big bills.
    Still.

on January 30, 2010 at 2:48 PM

SybilLaw-Oh you betcha Bandit is snuggling with me. He sleeps with me on the bed at night (after Hubs goes to sleep! ;) ) I had no choice but to put the folding table in front of the vent!!

3. HoosierGirl said:

on January 30, 2010 at 5:27 PM

Your dog is soooo cute. I want a little dog, to put in a cute little sweater.

My cat has a lot of personality, and all these cute little quirks, but he won’t wear a sweater!

J.

on January 30, 2010 at 6:05 PM

HoosierGirl-Aren’t your cats snugglers? I thought they liked that stuff? >:)

on January 30, 2010 at 6:16 PM

The Weather Channel isn’t nearly as boring as I remember.

on January 30, 2010 at 6:42 PM

Grant-I love this site. http://thefuckingweather.com

7. HoosierGirl said:

on January 31, 2010 at 9:33 AM

One of my cats is a snuggler. He’s a true lover. But he won’t wear a sweater!! The other cat shows his affection by sleeping at the foot of my bed, and by meowing at me if the kitten is stuck behind a door somewhere.

How much snow did you get?

J.

on January 31, 2010 at 10:51 AM

HoosierGirl-We weren’t supposed to get anything! We ended up getting a ‘heavy dusting’ and it was very powdery. That is usually not too bad, but when cars stopped at the lights and stop signs, it was enough to melt it. Add that to the cold air and it was very SLICK and cars were swerving around quite a bit.

9. Water Container : said:

on October 28, 2010 at 3:46 AM

folding tables are very convenient to use specially if you have a house that lacks a large space~.*