Monday April 05th 2010, 9:53 PM
Filed under: Friends,happy,kids,Movies,pets,questions

3D Job Walk

I’ll keep it short and sweet:

ONE:  I went out with a friend on Saturday night. We saw “Clash of the Titans” and had some good food and even better conversation. Even though I had heard less than glowing reviews of the movie, I enjoyed it alot. This time, I managed to remember my earplugs. I heard the entire movie and avoided a nasty headache. Bonus!

TWO:  I have a ‘mini job’.  Just before Christmas, I had taken a little girl, Mackenzie, to school and picked her up afterwards. Well, now because of new ‘custody arrangements’ , her mom is needing me every day. I take her to school, get her afterward, and keep her for a few hours. This is a good thing because it brings in a few extra bucks….and who doesn’t like that?

THREE:  I took my dog for the first ‘long walk’ since I finished having my back procedures. I walked for about half a mile before turning around to start going home.  I will say that I am very happy that I was able to do that without aching, crying or whining. I wish I could say the same about my lazy sweet fatass doggy. Halfway through the walk home, he decided to sit down for a bit and then tried to get me to pick him up and carry him. No way! If I am going to walk away my fat ass and flabby thighs, then he will too!

So, that’s it. Not a whole lot new. Just enough to keep me on my toes. I’ll probably have a bit more in the days to come (Mackenzie is a little spitfire!)

Oh yeah…..one more thing…..

“Alice in Wonderland” was a high grossing movie. Now “Clash of the Titans” is also making tons of moolah. Well, of course they are making lots of money! I had the option of seeing COTT in regular or 3D.  The difference?  The 3D ticket cost almost double!!  Worth it?  To me it was, but do they make adjustments for that when they announce that a movie is a high grosser?  I don’t know. I just wondered……

on April 6, 2010 at 8:38 AM

The gross on movies is just based on total dollars, with no adjustments for 3D / digital prices, IMAX tickets, or inflation. I read a report somewhere that claimed if you adjusted for all of those, it’s unlikely that any movie would ever top Gone with the Wind in sales, although it had its own advantage since there wasn’t as much competition in the 1930’s (remember, when you were a teen?).

on April 6, 2010 at 9:06 AM

It annoys me that you have to pay more for 3D and you can’t even keep the glasses.

on April 6, 2010 at 9:33 AM

Grant-First off, BITE ME! And what I was kind of wondering is if “WONDERLAND” went up against “The Transporter” (just as an example) If “Transporter” came in second place for the weekend, would “Wonderland” actually outsell it? They should rank a movie by seats sold, not necessarily money generated. 3D pricing is kind of cheating.

on April 6, 2010 at 9:36 AM

Finn-I’ve seen other 3D movies but Hubs was paying and I never really paid attention to the prices. I was floored! And as for the glasses? I keep them. I paid for them. They have a barrel at the exits for “recycling” the glasses, but I don’t give a shit. Eventually I will buy one of those movies and need 3D glasses to watch it. They usually come with two pair, but I will have more! Bwahahahaha!!!

5. Avitable said:

on April 6, 2010 at 10:32 AM

The 3D version of Clash of the Titans was done after the movie was made and was apparently very poorly done. If it hasn’t been filmed specifically for 3D, like Avatar was, I will see it in a normal theater.

on April 6, 2010 at 10:55 AM

Avitable-I am one of the people who can ignore glaring inconsistancies in mythology for the sake of the movie….as long as they are still in the vicinity of lore. I did see it in 3D but after a bit, I didn’t even notice it as much as I did with Avatar. I kinda still like the cheesy Ray Harryhausen flicks.

7. DutchBitch said:

on April 6, 2010 at 12:43 PM

You know what? There is few movies that I REALLY thought the 3D was worth it… Seriously… I guess I am not much into the 3D thing…

on April 6, 2010 at 3:15 PM

DutchBitch-I agree with you for the most part. The ones I hate the most are the ones that do certain things just for the effect. Like when a random extra is carrying a pipe or 2×4 and walks toward the screen. Stuff like that isn’t really needed and only serves as ‘effect filler’.

on April 6, 2010 at 4:54 PM

Hmm, now I’m wondering, too! Thanks, Metalmom. :)

Have fun with Mackenzie!

on April 6, 2010 at 5:04 PM

SybilLaw-Will we ever know the answer? Prolly not….. :( Today Mack and I made cookies, went out for lunch and discussed fairy parties and why Tinkerbell leaves a trail of sparkles when she flies. :)

11. Coal Miner's Granddaughter said:

on April 13, 2010 at 8:14 PM

Yeah! Awesome that your back isn’t hurting. Woo hoo!

on April 13, 2010 at 8:38 PM