Thursday April 22nd 2010, 8:39 PM
Filed under: Anger,fashion,Hubs

Salty

He told me that he was leaving early. He told me that he wouldn’t be home until after five o’clock. He told me that I would have the whole day to myself.

He lied.

Hubs had a class on updated electrical codes. He left before seven am. I was still asleep as he kissed me goodbye and left the house. I was so happy. After a night of fitful sleep, I was glad that I had no plans, no reason to get up before I was good and ready.

I slept in until ten. I grabbed a cup of coffee and a boiled egg and went back to the bedroom, where I did some internet surfing and tv watching. Finally, I was ready to get up and get going. I took out clothes and lay them on my bed but suddenly realized that I had the perfect opportunity to really get some shit done around here. When Hubs is around, he cramps my style. I get nothing done. But with him being gone all day….. oh, what to do, what to do?

I decided that since Son2 didn’t have to work tonight, it would be nice if he could watch the baseball game in a clean room for a change. This would entail vacuuming and moving some stuff around….and sweating. Instead of dressing in clean clothes, I grabbed the dirty stuff from yesterday. I figured that since I was the only one here, no one would care. Then when I was finished, I would shower and change into clean stuff later.

Ahhh…..a plan…

I took the vacuum upstairs and cleaned. I dusted the table and television. I folded his clothes and hung stuff in his closet. It looked good already. The last thing was the floor. I vacuumed the room, then took the hose and ran it down the corners around the floorboards. I reached up and got the spider webs that were forming in the corners. I stopped to move the table over and heard a commotion downstairs. The dog was greeting someone.

“It can’t be that late yet!  Babygirl must have gotten home from school early!”  I thought. “Hello!!”  I called out.

Imagine my surprise when I heard Hubs’ voice answer.

It was a four hour class- not eight hours as he had thought. He was home and it was only one o’clock.  I quickly finished the room and brought the vacuum back downstairs.

My face was red with exertion. I was soaked with sweat. Between the heat and the work, my hair was in a frizzy mess.  In my haste to get moving this morning, I forgot the deodorant. I smelled as good as I looked.

“Oh my God! Why didn’t you call??? I could have at least showered before you got home!!  I’m disgusting!”

He kissed me. “Mmm salty. You’re so cute when you hate me.”

How can I argue with that?

on April 22, 2010 at 9:25 PM

Yep! :D

on April 22, 2010 at 10:04 PM

SybilLaw-So you’ve had that day too? :)

3. DutchBitch said:

on April 23, 2010 at 3:54 AM

How can you argue with that?

You can’t! :d

on April 23, 2010 at 8:39 AM

DutchBitch-You know it. :d

on April 23, 2010 at 8:41 AM

You can’t argue with that. Can’t buy that either.

6. shiny said:

on April 23, 2010 at 8:58 AM

Awesome. The man gets major points. :)

on April 23, 2010 at 9:36 AM

Finn-I wish I could bottle it up and sell it to all the husbands for Balumtimes day! :)

on April 23, 2010 at 9:37 AM

shiny-He got points alright….but AFTER the shower! ;))

9. teri said:

on April 23, 2010 at 11:45 AM

you know, the way he actually is and the way he physically looks, are two different things. I would never expect your hubs to be the “hottie” that he is with his wifey. he looks the conservative part!:d

on April 23, 2010 at 12:48 PM

teri-You got that right. He is soooo freaking buttoned-down it makes me scream sometimes.

11. Tug said:

on April 23, 2010 at 9:05 PM

Awww…too sweet. @};-

on April 23, 2010 at 9:33 PM

Tug-He is…:)

13. data centre services said:

on May 1, 2012 at 9:30 PM

Fantastic goods from you, man. I’ve be mindful your stuff prior to and you’re just extremely great. I actually like what you have bought right here, really like what you are stating and the way by which you say it. You make it enjoyable and you still care for to keep it sensible. I cant wait to learn much more from you. This is really a great web site.