Wednesday April 28th 2010, 11:58 AM
Filed under: business,ineptitude,other shit,questions,survey

Who Has An Eye For Color?

100_3017

See that hot mess above?  That is one wall in my bathroom. I am planning on stripping off all that nasty wallpaper and painting what I find underneath. The problem is the tile. I hate those colors, but I shouldn’t complain. My parents and Son1 both have pink and black *shudder*. I’d hate to deal with that!!

This is where you can help me. I am not blessed with an eye toward decorating or color ‘match’ . So I am looking for suggestions.  I am not even going to try wallpaper. I don’t have the time or money. I just want to paint before the graduation.

I don’t even know what you would call that….Peach and Beige? I guess that’s about right. And the floor is the same two shades. *Gag!*  The opposite wall is this one:

100_3018

Nice bright shiny white. That will stay. There are lots of trees, and that means that even though there is a window, shade will dominate, so I don’t want to go too dark.

So there you have it. Any suggestions? Anyone?……Anyone?……Beuhler?…….

on April 28, 2010 at 12:46 PM

My suggestion would be to choose an off-white or bisque color, probably on the darker side. White would just emphasize the peach, but the off-white would tone it down a bit.

on April 28, 2010 at 1:59 PM

Just paint over the wallpaper and tile to save time. Use every color in the book. Tell them you were going for an effect that would say Tammy Faye got anally raped by a clown here before he vomited jelly beans and was shotgunned across the wall.

on April 28, 2010 at 2:30 PM

Finn-I had to look up ‘bisque’ but I like it. I am going to run that by Hubs and see what his thoughts are. :)

on April 28, 2010 at 2:31 PM

Grant-I would love to do that just to see the look on my sisters-in-law’s faces. Shit, mom would have a cow too!! :))

on April 28, 2010 at 3:38 PM

I’d totally go for a light, light green. Go to Sherwin Williams and compare some colors against it. Off white will be kinda boring, in my opinion.

on April 28, 2010 at 3:46 PM

i totally emailed you some ideas. I think a green or blue green might help offset the skin tones…

on April 28, 2010 at 3:51 PM

SybilLaw-I was surprised at the green suggestion, but seeing the samples you sent, I have to say that it just might work….!!!

8. Coal Miner's Granddaughter said:

on April 28, 2010 at 4:15 PM

I suck at this. Therefore, I will not pass on said suckage to your bathroom. :(

on April 28, 2010 at 4:27 PM

CMG-Thanks for not sharing suckage. I think a bathroom needs something interesting for when one is sitting there…..uh…..’looking around bored while nature takes it’s course’……

10. Cissa Fireheart said:

on April 29, 2010 at 7:01 AM

I recommend a light mocha/tan. It will tone down the pink, but is still bright enough to go nicely with the white and your color palate won’t be all over the place. I suggest Lowe’s Signature color Macadamia Nut (CI 164) or Healthy Glow (CI 144), or even Sheer Pout (CI 147), which is a little darker but has peachy undertones to blend in! GOOD LUCK!

on April 29, 2010 at 9:32 AM

Cissa Fireheart-Thanks. Your suggestions were very helpful–especially since you gave me catalog numbers. I had been against the darker, but I kinda like that one! :)