Sunday August 01st 2010, 7:54 PM
Filed under: computers,family,Grief,Hubs,other shit,travel,weight

Something Old, Something New…..

A few things are happening….just a few ….but they are the type of things that keep me from you, my friends.

Something old…..That would be me. Hubs whisked me away for two nights at the beach. We relaxed, met up with my kids for a day on the beach and dinner, and we shared some drinks and smooches. One morning, we rented bicycles and rode them…..and rode them….and-well you get the drift. We rode for forty-five minutes in one direction, turned around and rode back. Lemme tell you, halfway back, I damn near died. My muscles burned, my body spewed off sweat and I could see my thighs twitch with overuse. Yeppers, kids, I am sadly out of shape. Even though I have been exercising, I have been more about the cardio and abs. Apparently, I must learn to do it all.

Something new…..My laptop needs a new fanbelt. It had been overheating a bit and after ruling out overuse and a recalled battery, I discovered that that was what I needed.  And so, my beloved is off for two weeks getting repaired. Which brings me to….

Something borrowed…..In the meantime, I am typing this post on Babygirl’s laptop. This won’t happen very often, I’m sure. I am afraid of doing anything that would compromise this back-to-school purchase.  So….if anything needs to be spilled on here, I will most likely be borrowing the business computer. Ugh! You know how I feel about that!

And lastly, we have something blue…..That would be me. My cousin is not doing very well with her battle against stomach cancer. We only learned of it shortly before Christmas, and she has already nosedived very quickly. I can only hope that she is spared from too much pain. Life is not very fair.

There is also the ‘countdown’ to August 26. That is the day that Babygirl leaves us for her dorm. Yes, I’m blue but also tickled pink–for her. She is excited and so I am, but damn, I will miss her…..

And there you have it.  That’s what’s happening. It’s what keeps me from you all. I hope to catch up with my blog reading because I want to see what YOU’RE doing this summer!!

1. Shelli said:

on August 1, 2010 at 9:04 PM

Our day is the 21st. I’m blue, too.
    Shelli´s last blog post ..Save the Children

on August 1, 2010 at 10:04 PM

A little blue, tickled pink – that makes you lavender! Lovely color to be.
    Sending prayers for your cousin. How heartbreaking!
    xoxo
    Sybil Law´s last blog post ..Twinkletoes

3. marty said:

on August 1, 2010 at 11:36 PM

I have not done anything exciting this summer like purchase 120 rolls of toilet paper. Maybe in the fall.

on August 2, 2010 at 8:55 AM

Shelli-It is sad enough but what is worse is that her leaving date is also Hubby’s 50th birthday. :(

on August 2, 2010 at 8:56 AM

SybilLaw-I like the thought of being lavender. I think I will refer to mood as that for now. And also, thank you for the prayers. :*

on August 2, 2010 at 8:57 AM

marty-Really? Will 120 rolls get you through a month? I mean, with all that Indian food you eat for lunch…..I would have guessed much more! @-)

on August 2, 2010 at 9:14 AM

At least it’s mostly good things keeping you away. I’m sorry about your cousin. Sending prayers. xo
    Finn´s last blog post ..Heart

on August 2, 2010 at 9:18 AM

Finn-Yes, you’re right. Thank you for pointing that out. I’m guilty of seeing the negative in things too often. :)

on August 2, 2010 at 1:32 PM

Four out of five doctors agree that it’s unhealthy to be your age and they don’t recommend it.
    Grant´s last blog post ..Yum

on August 3, 2010 at 3:46 PM

Grant-I believe it! The older I get, the worse I feel. You’d be a wise man to slit your throat now, before it happens to you!!! :))

11. Coal Miner's Granddaughter said:

on August 3, 2010 at 8:56 PM

:( Much love hon.
    Coal Miner’s Granddaughter´s last blog post ..I Haz A Andy!

12. Robin said:

on August 5, 2010 at 10:07 AM

I think my laptop needs a new fanbelt or something, it overheats. I just need a new laptop, no money. poo.
    Robin´s last blog post ..To Do- August

on August 5, 2010 at 1:20 PM

CMG- Thank you. :)

on August 5, 2010 at 1:21 PM

Robin-If you can’t afford a new one, check into just getting the fan belt replaced. If it gets too hot, it can just make the whole thing go kerflooey!