Monday October 11th 2010, 8:45 PM
Filed under: doctors,family,fashion,happy,ineptitude,owies

Sucks and Smiles

Every time I check in here, I am surprised that so much time has gone by.

I have begun to go off my wellbutrin. Let’s just say…….I am miserable and it sucks and we can leave it at that.

My thyroid is jacked up. The previous doctor didn’t keep very good tabs on it and the new doc immediately upped my dosage. Now I am up and moving around and I’m hungry and I’m burning it off and I talk with run on sentences and I barely take a breath between words and I use the words “and” and “you know” like a teenager.

And then I get miserable again.

But I am smiling and happy that things are changing.

Babygirl came home on Thursday and she will be home until Tuesday. It is so nice having her and the BF and BFF coming and going. Bandit is getting all the loving he can and he sleeps with her right now because…..

I hurt my foot and I am currently on crutches. What did I do, you ask? I don’t have a fucking clue. Really.

I had gone out with the gang on Saturday night wearing a pair of cute boots. (Not even the ones with the highest heel!!) I never tripped or fell, but I did dance a bit. Around 1:30am, as we were leaving breakfast, I thought, “Jeez, my foot hurts!” I chalked it up to wearing boots that I haven’t worn since last winter. I got home at about 2 and when I tried to pull said boot off my foot it was tight. My right foot immediately began to swell, but I was drun–, um, a wee bit intoxicated. I guess that is why I didn’t feel such bad pain.

When I woke up, my foot was swollen and I couldn’t put weight on it. Needless to say, Hubs and I spent Sunday afternoon in the hospital, getting x-rays and crutches. (It’s not ‘visibly broken’ and if it still hurts by mid-week, I need to see a specialist….because God knows, I don’t see enough of them!)

So there you have it…sucks and smiles…..but with Babygirl home, those smiles are HUGE!!  :D

1. Mik said:

on October 11, 2010 at 9:04 PM

Hopefully the foot gets better soon. Just a wee bit intoxicated! :-w
    Mik´s last blog post ..Look at his tackle

on October 11, 2010 at 9:17 PM

Plus, your new “boot” is sexy.
    *snort*

No, seriously – yowza! I’m glad babygirl is home because I know she gives you reason to smile all day!
    xo
    Sybil Law´s last blog post ..Bye Bye- Nissan

on October 11, 2010 at 9:29 PM

Mik-That’s my story and I’m sticking to it! :P

on October 11, 2010 at 9:30 PM

SybilLaw-Hubs has commented more than once that I should have gotten the other so I could have a pair! Ummm….NO! :))

on October 12, 2010 at 9:05 AM

My goodness… lots going on! Hope things settle soon. xo

on October 12, 2010 at 1:52 PM

You’re just old and so now your body will fall apart at random times. I’m told it’s worse for women, especially the non-Japanese type. Most doctors don’t recommend living past the age of 40 anyway.
    Grant´s last blog post ..Please tell me your opinion of these dickbags

7. krayzedad2010 said:

on October 12, 2010 at 3:06 PM

i have heard that women will do anything to look sexy. However, braking your ankle is a bit much. As for the Welbutrin and thyroid; well let’s just say I can relate. I just got diagnosed with Hoshimoto’s disease. I know it sounds like a sushi dish but it isn’t. LOL

I excercise to keep from getting depressed.

It is hard to maintain
    and I don’t look like a model
    I have crazy thoughts
    but I ain’t suicidal.

Like my rap?
    krayzedad2010´s last blog post ..Terror and Toddlers

on October 13, 2010 at 10:22 AM

Finn-Yes, things are beginning to settle….into boredom! LOL

on October 13, 2010 at 10:23 AM

Grant-I’ve lived well past 40. That’s why I am creaky and rusted and my gut is busted…..

on October 13, 2010 at 10:25 AM

krayzedad-I wish I could stick with the exercise. I don’t have a partner and I get bored easily. A partner makes it easier to stay committed. :(