Thursday January 06th 2011, 2:06 PM
Filed under: doctors,Hubs,owies

Down Again

I managed to spend three days feeling like a normal person. Laundry got done, dishes got washed, floors vacuumed and bills paid. We used every last bit of ‘dinner’ food in the cupboards, fridge and freezer. Hubs and I planned a ‘circle run’  for last night (CVS, Acme and the mall to pick up an order for Babygirl)  Unfortunately, I woke up with a headache. Thank God it wasn’t a migraine, but it was just enough to make concentration difficult. By the time Hubs got home, the nausea had joined in.

Apparently, I was not as ‘over’ the virus of the holidays.

We did the CVS and got all of my prescriptions. We shopped at the ACME and managed to get all that we needed, even though I found myself staring at the shelves. But I was hard-pressed to keep my stomach where it belonged.  Hubs took me home and once the groceries were put away, I went to bed.

It was barely 8:30. I woke up twelve hours later, kissed Hubs goodbye as he left for work and slept again until 11:30 today.

The doctor says this is something going around. There is not much to do but stick to clear fluids…lots and lots of fluids.It appears to last an average of two weeks. If the fever of last week returns, then I have to call him. I hate waiting games.

I find it amazing that the body can be strong and capable one minute and the next, it is nearly crippled by pain or illness. I spent three days feeling happy that I was done being sick, only to get a headache and suddenly I feel too weak to lift my head or stand longer than a minute or three. (Yes I told the doctor, and he laughed. This is common.)

I can’t remember the last time I was hit with a virus that just seemed to cling.  It would be sweet if I could be guaranteed that this would be the ONLY sickness I’d have for the forthcoming year!

on January 6, 2011 at 3:36 PM

I guarantee you that this will be far from the last time you feel cruddy this year. It’s better to think of feeling sick as your normal state and the occasional lapses of good health as fortunate accidents.
    Grant´s last blog post ..Memesday

on January 6, 2011 at 3:47 PM

I’m pretty sure I had that sickness, along with 2 colds and a GI thing that had me puking NYE.
    Oh, joy!
    Fucking sickness.
    Hope you feel better soon! I am finally okay, but I am around kids all the time and their nasty germs…
    Sybil Law´s last blog post ..It never ends

3. Kate said:

on January 7, 2011 at 12:56 AM

I found you from Sans Pantaloons. I love your site. I’m going to poke around a little bit, but don’t worry I’ll put everything back where I found it!!

4. Megan said:

on January 7, 2011 at 10:56 AM

Everyone I know has had this… they feel like crap, feel better, then feel like crap again. Weird.

Feel better, sweetie.
    Megan´s last blog post ..Puppy Love

on January 7, 2011 at 11:18 AM

Grant-Leave it to you to know the truth. Yeah, crappy is the new normal. I hope both of us have lots of healthy accidents.

on January 7, 2011 at 11:20 AM

SybilLaw-I figured that now that I’m not watching kids, this shit wouldn’t show up like it used to. I was wrong. We both need to feel better. Maybe we need copious amounts of alcohol to burn off the germs? :d

on January 7, 2011 at 11:21 AM

Kate-I enjoy a good poking, Poke away! ;)) Stop by anytime!

on January 7, 2011 at 11:22 AM

Megan-I try to avoid everyone as much as possible. Holidays mean lots of hugs and kisses….and germs. UGH! Don’t get it yourself!!!

9. delmer said:

on January 7, 2011 at 4:57 PM

My wife and five kids have all had something this week. The five children all missed at least one day of school. My oldest boy missed 4 days.

I will not say I’ve been healthy as a horse… but only because saying things like that brings on the sickness jinx.

I hope you feel better soon (and stay feeling better).