Monday January 24th 2011, 12:52 PM
Filed under: family,happy,Hubs,love

Tat 2

For our 20th anniversary, Hubs paid for me to get a tattoo. It was something that I wanted for many years before it became the fashion statement for those outside of gangs. I knew what I wanted and where, so after many discussions, he agreed and paid for this:

This is Kokopelli.  When I chose this, Babygirl was with me. There was this one and another that was blue. My intention was to get the other on the opposite calf. This most likely will not happen. You see, Hubs has regretted ever paying for this. He simply isn’t happy seeing it. I give not one shit. I love it so much and I find myself admiring it or stroking it unconciously. It makes me happy.

Ever since she was a kid, Babygirl has wanted one just like mine. We have discussed it both with Hubs and without. This weekend, away at college, she has done what many college kids do and got a tattoo. This one-the mate to mine:

When she texted me her intention, I did not forbid her nor did I encourage. I know that she is over 18. I also know that, like me, she has given this alot of thought. I did however, inform her that I will not break the news to her dad. In fact, I told her that I will deny all knowledge of it. Chickenshit move? You betcha. But she is ‘Daddy’s little girl’ and he will get over it. I am the wife and I would hear about it every single time he sees it.

She will not post this on Facebook even though she is dying to. Her aunts and cousins are all there. Her brothers friends are all there. Any one of this vast group of people could make a harmless remark to me or to Hubs.  She wants to wait and tell him herself in person.

I just want to tell her publicly……I love it. It is beautiful. I looks joyful.

It is everything that you are too.

1. bubblewench said:

on January 24, 2011 at 1:46 PM

That rocks. I would so claim no knowledge either. Glad he doesn’t read your blog!! (mine doesn’t read mine either.. hee..hee..)
    bubblewench´s last blog post ..Something different

on January 24, 2011 at 2:14 PM

Kokopelli’s playing the skin flute, huh?
    Hahaha
    Sybil Law´s last blog post ..Threesome!

3. Megan said:

on January 24, 2011 at 2:28 PM

I like yours, sweetie, but I think I like Babygirl’s better. Lovely!
    Megan´s last blog post ..Outward

on January 24, 2011 at 2:36 PM

bubblewench-We were discussing that last night. He doesn’t want to know. That’s okay, he’s a good fella.

on January 24, 2011 at 2:37 PM

SybilLaw-Skin flute!!!! :)) Omg. That’s great!

on January 24, 2011 at 2:38 PM

Megan-Mine is the more traditional depiction. Babygirl’s is definitely more joyful and youthful.

7. teri said:

on January 24, 2011 at 3:54 PM

I LOVE it! now you two are soul sisters.
    teri´s last blog post ..Bad body image

on January 24, 2011 at 8:20 PM

teri-I know! <3

9. Marty said:

on January 27, 2011 at 3:10 PM

Second generation. Will there be a third?

on January 27, 2011 at 7:24 PM

Marty-Soon enough! Let’s not rush it!!!

11. Mik said:

on January 31, 2011 at 12:22 PM

They are both very cool tats.
    Mik´s last blog post ..Total nutjob

12. ~ Stacy ~ said:

on February 3, 2011 at 10:52 PM

I’m pretty sure, that if I had a little Kokopelli dancing and playing a tune on my ankle, it’d make me smile too. Heck. I might even feel compelled to dance along. And I don’t even want a tattoo. But I like the both of yours!

The ink in Babygirl’s tat is a beautiful shade of blue. Very pretty. I hope her Dad takes the news well. :)
    ~ Stacy ~´s last blog post ..Site currently under construction…

13. That Girl said:

on February 7, 2011 at 3:15 PM

booteeful!! i am already having conversations with Brat2 about getting one, that girl WILL make me insane!
    That Girl´s last blog post ..On the hunt for JD

on February 7, 2011 at 6:55 PM

That Girl- Daughters are a blessing and a curse! :))