Thursday March 03rd 2011, 4:35 PM
Filed under: doctors,Hubs,other shit

Under The Radar

Last week I fell off the face of the earth.

After bowling on Monday, I felt fabulous.  I can’t tell you how many times Hubs looked at me and just said “What?”. It appears that I was grinning from ear to ear over the fact that I was pain free after a day of lifting, twisting and throwing the heavy balls around. Tuesday, I was kind of tired in a sleepy kind of way. And Wednesday, I had a followup visit with my doctor, in which I smiled some  more about the new meds. But I coughed while in the chair and he looked into my ears, nose and throat.

“You have a sinus infection.”

“Are you sure? I feel okay, aside from a little sleepy.”

“Nope. You have a post nasal drip, redness in the nose and throat, and I heard a little something in your chest.”

He gave me a prescription and sent me on my way. It was too late to fill it, so we decided that Hubs would pick it up for me the next day. I went home and did a few things. By eight o’clock, I was dead tired. By nine, my throat hurt, and by ten, I had a temperature of 101* and the chills. The chills stuck around for the day and the fever for two more. When I woke up, I almost cried. My head hurt so bad that a cough felt like a bomb exploding. My humidifier once again became my best friend. Even the neti pot did nothing to move the gunk out of my head.

I went under the radar and locked myself away from humanity.

I stayed in my bed. I took my medicine on time. I blew my nose and coughed up lungs. I tried eating, but what’s the use? I can’t taste a damn thing. When the chills got to be too much for me, Bandit pressed himself tight against my thigh. Thank God because, my skin hurt to touch and the thought of a hot shower made me cringe. After four days, I got up, ate and showered. I changed the sheets and put on some real clothes and a spot of makeup.

I feel human again.

I am back to doing laundry. I went outside for a walk yesterday. I even cooked dinner once more. I still can’t taste anything and every morning I wake up with a glorious mouth of slime and cotton all over my teeth and gums, but I can breathe once more and I can cough without peeing my pants. (Progress)

Now my son has it. Now my Hubs is fighting it. Babygirl is coming home tomorrow.

I am bleaching my house.

Gotta go……..

on March 3, 2011 at 7:15 PM

Bleach and Lysol… Don’t forget the light switches and doorknobs!
    Glad you’re feeling better and to see you still share so much… :)
    Sybil Law´s last blog post ..Thats a Spicy Enchilada!

on March 3, 2011 at 7:39 PM

SybilLaw-I barely scratched the surface as far as details! But yeah, I’m still hanging on….got all the switches and knobs, toilet flushers, remotes, phones, cabinet handles,and keyboards.

on March 4, 2011 at 10:19 AM

Most doctors don’t recommend living as long as you have. It’s just not healthy.
    Grant´s last blog post ..31 Movies

4. Megan said:

on March 4, 2011 at 10:27 AM

Ew. Glad you’re feeling human again!
    Megan´s last blog post ..Friends

on March 4, 2011 at 12:05 PM

Grant-This is true. I need to move to Japan. I’ve heard that they respect their elderly. With my bad luck, I’ll live to see 50.

on March 4, 2011 at 12:06 PM

Megan- It’s still more of a ‘halfway human’ feeling, but it sure is better than the crapfest that was me last week!!

7. teri said:

on March 4, 2011 at 12:31 PM

I’m glad you feel better. Hopefully the others won’t get it as bad.
    teri´s last blog post ..Bad body image

on March 4, 2011 at 2:04 PM

teri-The others will get NO sympathy from me. (That’s how much I got from them!)

9. Trukindog said:

on March 5, 2011 at 10:21 PM

Gee all I did was spend 3 days in the hospital & have my gallbladder removed…betcha thought I was dead huh :d

Glad to hear you’re feelin well now, try not to catch it again from your family 8-x
    Trukindog´s last blog post ..BELIEVE IT OR NOT

on March 5, 2011 at 10:56 PM

Trukindog-Dude! I had wondered! I hope they gave you a “huggy pillow” to squeeze when a cough or sneeze sneaks up on you! I had mine removed years ago and I remember that it wasn’t much of a picnic! Feel better, buddy. I’ve missed you!

11. Trukindog said:

on March 5, 2011 at 11:45 PM

Yeah for $43,000 you’d think they’d have given me 1 of those “huggy pillows” but NOOOOOOOOOOOO !!! LOL It’s OK though, they took it out 2 weeks ago this Sunday & I got a Dr. release to go back to work Monday.

I’ve missed you too darlin @};-
    Trukindog´s last blog post ..BELIEVE IT OR NOT

12. Trukindog said:

on March 5, 2011 at 11:46 PM

Hey why aren’t your smileys workin ?
    Trukindog´s last blog post ..BELIEVE IT OR NOT

on March 6, 2011 at 10:50 PM

trukindog-Congrats on going back to work. Speaking of work, I don’t know what’s up with the smileys. I’ll have to look into that.