Thursday April 14th 2011, 1:58 PM
Filed under: celebration,Friends,happy,laughs,love,travel

Nova

The dinner party was okay. I looked good, didn’t fart or swear, and only had one glass of wine. That’s all I’ma say ’bout that.

Now, onto NoVa Con.

A group of bloggers gathered in Chantilly, VA this weekend. I rode down with Bubblewench, Bellaventa, and Libragirl. As soon as we pulled up to get Bella and Libra, the shenanigans began and they didn’t end until some time on Sunday. I laughed so much that I hope I managed to burn more than a couple of calories!

We got there, checked into our room and headed off to the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum. We saw lots of airplanes and such and I was more impressed with the trip than I thought I was going to be. We went to a store for alcohol and to eat lunch and then back to the hotel for cocktails, showers and naps.

The naps never happened.

After showers, Ren called and said “Hey, let’s hang out!” And with that, NoVa Con was on. CissaFireheart also wanted to hang out and so they both came to our room and we got our drink on. We took pictures, shared lots of laugh and then there was a knock on the door. BlondeBlogger and her man Matt were there! Yay! I have waited for what seemed to be a lifetime to hug my ‘soul sister’ and at last the moment was here. We hugged and in the middle of such a group of folks, I would find myself just looking at her, drinking up the sight of her and storing away mental pictures and memories of her beautiful laughter. A pint of tequila, some rum and cherry vodka later……..

Dinner time came so fast, but that only meant MORE bloggers! We met with Poppy and Dawg  (and Mrs Poppy’s Mom, and a few of Cissa’s friends) We went to one of those Japanese restaurants where they cook at your table. It was incredible. Mr. Shiny joined us and I have to say, he gives great hug. Whall was there via Skype on Ren’s ipad and we passed him around to say hello. As the ipad got to the end of the table, a shout went up….

Whall was with us! He had been in DC since Thursday and Ren had managed to keep it under wraps. No one-and I mean no one-had a clue that he was actually in town. It was the best prank ever.

After closing the restaurant, everyone went back to our suite. We all hung out on the fold out bed laughing, talking and causing mayhem. The group of young kids in the suite next door was bothered by OUR noise. We were told “Think of the children” when their chaperones scolded us! We called SybilLaw and left a great voice mail. And we took pictures……lots and lots of pictures…..

Things finally broke up and we promised to meet the next day for breakfast and shopping.

Unfortunately, NoVaCon had to come to an end. Some went on to a kite fest, others (us) went shopping and GeoCaching and still others got a jump on the traffic and began their way home. It was the best time ever, full of great friends, great times and great food and drink. It went so well that we are planning on making this an annual celebration. Keep this time of year clear on your calendar so that you can join us in 2012!

1. Ren said:

on April 14, 2011 at 3:36 PM

Wait… NoVACon is over?! No!!! Think of the children!!
    Ren´s last blog post ..My Second Hybrid

2. Megan said:

on April 14, 2011 at 5:10 PM

Where was MY phone call, huh?! :((

Glad you had fun – although it would have been much more fun had I been there. True story.
    Megan´s last blog post ..San Francisco

on April 14, 2011 at 6:54 PM

Ren-You sound surprised that it ended. I knew you were buzzed, but not blackout drunk!! LOL I think it ended at noon am. :))

on April 14, 2011 at 6:56 PM

Megan-I lost ALL my phone numbers when I dropped my phone in the toilet….True Story!! If you had been there, I would have peed my pants with joy!!! Love you!!

on April 14, 2011 at 9:43 PM

Only if you dillholes plan around Z’s spring break!
    Haha
    Looks like fun!
    You give good drunk dial…
    Sybil Law´s last blog post ..Lots of Profanity

6. Rachel said:

on April 15, 2011 at 5:37 AM

Boo. And that started a weekend of laughing LOUDLY and having a great time.

Holy Crap Wayne was there!!!!!!!!!
    Rachel´s last blog post ..A quick follow up

on April 15, 2011 at 8:10 AM

There are too many people on the Internet named Matt. Please eliminate three and stencil bar codes on the remaining Matts’ foreheads.
    Grant´s last blog post ..Im starting a death metal choir named Captain Boingy and the Boingers and Keith wants to play backup triangle but Im afraid he doesnt have the right boingatude Can I let him play and still maintain the integrity of whatever it is were all about

on April 15, 2011 at 9:57 AM

SybilLaw-That drunk dial really set off security. Those motherfuckers tried to shut.us.down but we weren’t playin’ that! Can’t wait to see you soon. I’ma suck your big fat dick! =))

on April 15, 2011 at 9:58 AM

Rachel-I will get you back for that. I could have peed my pants with fear!! When’s the sleepover?

on April 15, 2011 at 10:00 AM

Grant-You ain’t kidding! But there is only one MattMan. I think barcodes are going to be mandatory soon enough. The govmint just keeps finding ways to steal our identities.