Tuesday May 24th 2011, 12:03 PM
Filed under: Friends,laughs,love,travel

Date With Becky

Once upon a time, I had a date with a girl. Her name was Becky (aka Hellohahanarf) She had a smile that lit up the room and a laugh that bubbled up from her toes. For the chance to be with her for just one night, I traveled across the state of Pennsylvania to the city of Pittsburgh. The things that Miss Becky showed me changed the way I look at churches, beer, and lego people.

Bubblewench and I drove for a whole day. That particular day began with rain….it was the tail end of the tornado storms that had raged through the midwest at the end of April.

Riders on the Storm *

We arrived at our hotel which also happened to be where the NRA were holding their convention. (“Are you here for the gun show?” “I’ll show you mine if you show me yours…!”)  The hotel room was awesome but we barely had time to check in before the phone call came for us to cross the parking lot and join Becky at her job. She showed us where she works her magic by day:

Apparently her job is high stress because she makes sure that the office is stocked with clear fluids.

She took us through the building and introduced all of the suckers hard working employees who were still there past 4pm on a Friday afternoon. She even showed us the desk where all the important work gets done:

After our tour, we freshened up and Becky came to get us. She took us to the place that all good girls should go – to Church. This place was incredible and the hummus was huminahuminagood! Becky even got a motorboat in church! Then we met up with her friend Young William and his friend Alfredo. We had tons of laughs and headed to the Hofbrauhaus where the crowd was kinda young.

Pittsburgh *

The highlight of the night for me, however, was the trip to see the skyline. The view was amazing.

One thing we noticed, is that Pittsburgh is full of easily found businesses. We saw the “Food Store” “The Deli” “the Italian Bread Place” and even ate in “Eggs R Us”  (and for some reason, the pictures of that great diner are missing)

Let me tell you, if you are ever in Pittsburgh, hook up with Becky. She loves her hometown and is chock-full of interesting trivia that you won’t get on any other type of guided tour. She made me and Bubblewench feel like VIP visitors to her town. I wish we had had more time to stay and visit, but she crammed so much into the few hours we spent with her. I can’t wait to visit again.

Thanks Becky. You’re the best Becky in Beckyland!!

*Be sure to click to see the videos!

1. hello haha narf said:

on May 24, 2011 at 12:45 PM

love your recap. LOVE!

i had a great time with you two and hope that you can again come back to play. there is a lot more to see and do in pittsburgh! besides, i think i owe yinz a primanti’s sammich.

thanks for letting me play tour guide becky. i had great fun!

2. Nobody™ said:

on May 24, 2011 at 12:53 PM

Becky is the BEST tour hostess ever! Who else would take you to a church to drink beer?
    Nobody™´s last blog post ..I Need a Painter

on May 24, 2011 at 1:02 PM

hellohahanarf-I had no idea that you knew so much about your home. It was an eyeopener. I loved every minute of it and I can’t wait to do it again.

on May 24, 2011 at 1:03 PM

Nobody- You’re right about that! I felt sinful in that Church…I was waiting for the hand of God to smite me…after I finished my beer!

on May 24, 2011 at 1:11 PM

There’s nothing sinful about drinking in a church – churchies are drinkers! And they play Bingo!
    Becky is the best. Love that girl.
    Sybil Law´s last blog post ..I Did It

6. bubblewench said:

on May 24, 2011 at 1:15 PM

This was the BESTEST night!! I’m so going back for a longer tour, and WILL be prepared for beer drinking..

The videos had me crackin up!!
    bubblewench´s last blog post ..I got my ass kicked

on May 24, 2011 at 1:21 PM

SybilLaw-True. Churchies usually have wine. Love her too.

on May 24, 2011 at 1:22 PM

bubblewench-It was definitely one of the best nights. And YES to the beer drinking!

9. Megan said:

on May 25, 2011 at 9:53 AM

Lucky you; Becky is an AWESOME date!
    Megan´s last blog post ..Silhouette

on May 25, 2011 at 5:41 PM

Megan-She is truly beyond awesome.