Saturday June 25th 2011, 4:07 PM
Filed under: ineptitude,miscellaneous

Boredom Not Wanted Here.

Boredom has butted it’s big head where it isn’t wanted.

The house is clean. I have nose prints on my front window and dog ‘eye boogers’ on the inside of the drapes where the boys push them aside to look outside. I could wash them but it is a bigger job than I care to under take at 5pm on a Saturday. I have things that need dusting in the den, but again, its a big job.

Son2 and his girl have gone off to the Union game. It’s a beautiful evening and they will be tailgating and enjoying the excitement that comes with any sporting event.

Babygirl has left for work. She won’t be here until my bedtime. Sometimes she simply goes from work to her boyfriend’s house and I’ll see her in the morning.

Hubs is content to watch tv for hours on end, only to break things up by snacking, smoking or taking the dogs out front to play while he smokes.

Me? This is it. I’m not in the mood to read. No one seems to be hanging out online. My friends are busy running their kids to softball, birthday parties, or doing their own chores and hanging with their own families.

Days like these make me crazy. I have walked on the treadmill, cleaned the house and done laundry. The dogs don’t want to go outside with me. I called my mom but she has company and can’t stay on the phone.

What do people do when they hit this wall? If I drove, I might do some window shopping myself. But still, I’ve never been one to enjoy shopping even when I do have money to spend.

*Sigh*

My mind even goes blank when I try to think of anything.

Boredom is not my friend.

on June 25, 2011 at 6:13 PM

Ugh. I hate when I feel like that!! Hopefully you get some fun excitement ASAP – the good kind. :)

2. cathy said:

on June 25, 2011 at 7:01 PM

I hear ya girl, I just spent the past 2 and a bit hours cleaning the laundry room. My hub is the same content to watch tv for hours on end and I’m at total loose ends. Believe me it’s worse when you are an empty nester…the boredom is a killer.

We need to think up ways to create some excitement!
    cathy´s last blog post ..Rudy – Supertramp

on June 25, 2011 at 8:08 PM

SybilLaw- It’s horrid. G took me out to dinner and I had a few drinks. Woo. Not even WooHoo. Back home now and it’s only 9. :((

on June 25, 2011 at 8:10 PM

Cathy- I am an empty nester too. Almost. Son and daughter still here but ‘not here’. I like to clean late at night on during crappy weather. Today was just too damn nice and I wasted it….. :(

5. Rachel said:

on June 26, 2011 at 6:19 AM

I hate the boredom. I was bored out of my skull and I’m in Hershey. Sorry. Hope you got entertained quickly.

on June 26, 2011 at 7:38 PM

Rachel-How can you be bored in HERSHEY?? I can’t wait til we’re hanging out together again!