Tuesday September 20th 2011, 10:23 PM
Filed under: celebration,family,happy,kids,love,weather

Nature Couldn’t Stop It

You weathered many obstacles and no doubt will continue to do so. Rain my have caused your beach wedding to move indoors, but you were in the shelter of the love of family and friends. Nature cannot stop love. “What God has joined together, let no one put asunder”

This weekend my Hubs and I drove to North Carolina to witness the union of Blondeblogger and her sweetheart Boobtubious.

First of all, I made sure I had a new dress to wear on the beach. Because it was a beach wedding, I made sure to take my flats and flipflops for dancing in afterwards. I was prepared. New shoes, dress, jeans for pre-wedding dinner night, and a new hoodie (with no stains!)  I have never been so excited about wearing a dress.

The ride down was not as unbearable as I had expected. Hubs and I saw a few cool things, like the origin of the Chesapeake Bay and the tunnel bridges that were incredible. Midway across the bridge I realized that I was totally surrounded by water. Kinda scary!

After a beautiful day of driving in the bright sunshine and hot sun, we got to the wedding house just in time for the wind to kick up. I’m not talking about a nice, cool sea breeze, I am talking about blow-the-chairs-across-the-deck and brace-yourself wind. Clouds and rain came along with it and like a bout of the flu, the rain hung around……for the entire weekend. So much for the wedding on the beach. and so….the wedding moved indoors.

Talk about a beautiful wedding!  I can’t remember ever seeing a more happy union of two families. The kids all love each other. They love their new parents. And they loved meeting mom and dad’s blogger friends. It was like we had known them all forever.  Before the wedding, I watched as Boobtubious helped N. check her blood sugars and give her an insulin shot. The gentleness of this man with the little girl who was to be his stepdaughter was so touching. I watched as Blondeblogger laughed and joked with her new stepkids. K genuinely likes to spend time laughing and dancing with her new stepmom. J said that he had never seen his dad so happy and was glad that his dad chose a woman that everyone loved.

I was honored that my ‘sister’ wanted me there on this special day. I was honored that I witnessed the love that she shares with this man. I was blown away to see the unabashed loved that is shared by all eight of this unique family.

I was happy to see old friends…Ren, Dawg, Poppy, Bubblewench….and to make new friends like MomGenerations. It was one hell of a weekend.

***It was so cold that I ended up wearing jeans to the wedding. Yes, jeans. Someone get married in the summer so I can wear my new damn dress!!!

***Boobtubious told his daughter that they were planning a surprise of 150 trained dolphins that were to jump out of the ocean into a heart shaped arch upon the completion of the vows. She believed him. It was a funny joke and she took the teasing like a champ. But I’d still kinda like to see something like that. If anyone figures out how to do that, let me know.

***Lastly….Thank you Blondeblogger, for keeping your cool. You were the center of attention with grace and beauty. Thank you. No one needed to see my boobies hit my knees. :*

1. BlondeBlogger said:

on September 20, 2011 at 11:11 PM

:(( oh my gosh, this made me cry so hard…in a good way! i read it to matt over the phone just now (he’s on his way home from work) and he started crying! and we both laughed just as much too!

so glad you didn’t listen to my false-alarm, nose-scratching “signal” hahaha!! and i am so happy you and g were there with us to celebrate! it wouldn’t have been the same without you!

love you to the moon and back! xoxo
    BlondeBlogger´s last blog post ..Remembering Francine Virgilio

on September 21, 2011 at 7:59 AM

BlondeBlogger-If he didn’t go, I’d STILL get there! No puny earthquake, Hurricane Irene, or flooding could have stopped me! Now if there had been a spider on the road? I may have turned around!

3. bubblewench said:

on September 21, 2011 at 8:43 AM

She seriously out shone the sun!! I stand by that!

It was an amazing beautiful day. I’m glad I could be there with all of you to share it.
    bubblewench´s last blog post ..The Pose

on September 21, 2011 at 11:19 AM

Well *I* want to see your boobies hit your knees!

on September 21, 2011 at 6:03 PM

Bubblewench-Yes she did. I’m glad you were there too!!

on September 21, 2011 at 6:04 PM

SybilLaw-You always want to see my boobs! LOL

7. Megan said:

on September 22, 2011 at 9:52 AM

Glad you had a great time, and congrats to Blondeblogger and her new hubby!
    Megan´s last blog post ..Small World

8. Betty said:

on September 23, 2011 at 2:17 AM

I am glad that everyone is getting along. Both kids in each side are very happy to finally have a complete family. Congratulations on this happy event. The wedding looks so magical. And I can imagine all the happy faces in the wedding.
    Betty´s last blog post ..Pick Up Lines For Guys

on September 23, 2011 at 3:52 PM

Megan-It was wonderful…in spite of the rain.

on September 23, 2011 at 3:53 PM

Betty-They are truly loving every minute of their time together. It was so touching to witness.

11. BlondeBlogger said:

on September 24, 2011 at 7:35 PM

awww, thank you everyone! bubblewench, you are so sweet! so glad you were there! xoxo
    BlondeBlogger´s last blog post ..Remembering Francine Virgilio

12. Quiny said:

on September 27, 2011 at 12:38 AM

I am so happy that you had a great time at the wedding.. I really love to see more picture of you.. Congrats for very happy event!
    Quiny´s last blog post ..Luxury Chalet Rentals

13. Celestine said:

on October 18, 2011 at 9:57 AM

You definitely had a great time there.. Thanks for sharing yur fun experience tat the wedding.. :)
    energy yarmor bracelets

14. Fortunato said:

on November 4, 2011 at 6:41 PM

Fortunato´s last blog post ..glass blowing