Thursday November 10th 2011, 4:11 PM
Filed under: Anger,desire,lessons,other shit

Truth or Consequences.

Truth-I hate housework.

Consequence-I tried to fit something in my cabinet and discovered that the shelf liner had been pushed to the back, thus creating a lump that took up space. My ‘full’ cabinet wasn’t as full as I thought. Now I have to clean my cabinets.

Truth-Boredom is my eating trigger.

Consequence-I find myself getting bored and then I pace. Suddenly I look up and realize that I am in the kitchen looking for a snack. This is horrible because my house has lots of chips, cookies, ice cream and candy. I am not the only that eats that stuff so I can’t just hide it or stop keeping it in the house.

Truth-I like to cook.

Consequence-I made two different things to eat for dinner (for myself) and there are leftovers that just don’t taste the same when they’ve been frozen. Now that my desire to cook and eat them has been fulfilled, I find myself looking at the leftovers thinking “I have to eat that before it gets bad.”

Truth– I started smoking again in July. The fact that Hubs knew and was buying me the cigarettes, made me feel less guilty. Less guilty=smoking more.

Consequences– I started the patch on Monday in order to quit. Today is Day 3, or is it #4? I don’t know and I don’t care. I am bitchy as hell. I am cleaning my house, cooking, and eating.

But not smoking……so I guess there’s that.

1. Megan said:

on November 10, 2011 at 4:24 PM

One thing at a time. Focus on the not smoking and when that becomes a habit, move on to the not eating because you’re bored.

You’ve done this before, you can do it again! xo

2. Lynda said:

on November 10, 2011 at 6:05 PM

I agree with Ms. Megan.

Also, don’t smoke if you have the patch on. My dad told me that it can have bad consequences!! (I was helping a friend quit.)

on November 10, 2011 at 6:47 PM

Megan-It is the eating that freaks me out most. I have struggled with losing even 5 lbs. I don’t want to gain weight because of being bored. :(

on November 10, 2011 at 6:48 PM

Lynda-I won’t smoke with the patch. I’m too askared to risk it especially because I am alone all day!

on November 10, 2011 at 7:45 PM

Smoke some dope, Louie!

Um, but yeah- I am not a big snacker. It just doesn’t appeal to me. So.. stop it, and stuff.
    Yay for the patch! You can do it!!

on November 10, 2011 at 7:59 PM

SybilLaw-BWAHAHAHAHAH!! I will be saying “Stop it and stuff” in my head from now on.Maybe even post it on my fridge!

7. cathy said:

on November 11, 2011 at 12:44 AM

Oh I do know how you feel about the weight thing. I gained 20 since I quit, think my metabolism slowed wayyyy down but 20’s not toooo bad I guess. Hang in there my dear, even gaining a few is still way better than being thinner and smoking! You should get a copy of Alan Carr’s Easy way to quit smoking. It really helped me even with the Champix, changed my way of looking at it.
    If you’re bored, go borrow that lovely little guy for a day or two to give mom and dad a break, ya won’t be bored takin care of a newborn and the added bonus is it reinforces why you want to quit! Good luck xo

on November 11, 2011 at 8:32 AM

Cathy-You’re awesome. You are 100% right. I am going to get my baby-lovin’ on today!! Can’t wait!!

9. Violet said:

on November 11, 2011 at 10:30 AM

Health is not everything, but without health, everything else is nothing. keep motivating yourself to quit smoking :)
    Violet´s last blog post ..What Can help Me Get Pregnant

on November 11, 2011 at 12:26 PM

Violet-I’m trying Hon!!

11. CorinneC @ mybasketballdiary said:

on November 22, 2011 at 12:24 AM

Yeah I agree! You should focus on the not smoking part.. Cause it’s the hardest, I know case I’ve been there as well..