Monday January 09th 2012, 9:24 PM
Filed under: celebration,family,happy,kids,love,Uncategorized

Dear Logan,

Dear Logan,

Yesterday, we spent our first whole day together. I want to remember every detail of it.  You see, it was the first time that I actually felt like your mom-mom. We were alone. I was yours and you were mine.

I walked in the door and whispered “Hello” because I didn’t know if you were asleep. I was greeted by your wonderfully loud squeal that sounded so much like “HI!”  It was the first of so many smiles you gave me. There you were, in your bassinet, all smiles, waves, and kicks. I can’t remember ever seeing a more joyful baby. Have I told you how beautiful you are?

You sat in your little chair and we played. You talked to your giraffe and the little froggie. You are a happy baby.

We lay on your play blanket and even made a fort. You are too young for a fort, but who cares? You laughed and cooed. I pretended that I couldn’t find you, asking “Where’s Logan?”  You responded by kicking your feet and squealing. Were you playing too? Were you calling to me? It felt that way.

I fed you and you looked into my eyes while you ate. You held my fingers as your eyes grew heavy. Slowly you grew ‘bottle drunk’. I burped you held you through your hiccups. You threw up on me and I was okay with that. It made you feel better and the smiles returned. I changed your diaper and you were happy through that too. I found your ticklish spots and you giggled for me. It was a beautiful sound.

Eventually you slept and what a peaceful baby you were. Did you dream of playing with me? Did you dream of chasing your dog, Maggie? Or did you dream of Mommy and Daddy and playing with Jazzy? You smiled often while you dreamed.

You woke up and fussed. I could tell your belly bothered you. I felt sad, and wondered if I were to blame. Did you get too much air? Did you not burp enough? You cried. I ran the faucet and you calmed down. Every five minutes or so you did that for half an hour.  But when you calmed down, you cooed and smiled. Finally you farted. My lord, child, you sounded like your dad.  Then you pooped.

And pooped.

And farted and pooped some more.

I waited until I was sure you were finished and when I removed your diaper, you took my breath away. Goodness, you make big smellies!  And then I noticed that it was up your back too. When I took off your onesie, I smeared it in your hair too and you needed a bath. Good thing mommy came home because suddenly I needed extra hands!  But I learned how much you love your bath.  You happily kicked and squealed as your mommy cleaned you and washed your hair. And you stayed calm as we dressed you afterwards.

All good things must end and our day was one of those good things. Pop-Pop came to pick me up and as we began to drive away, he told me to “stop it”. What was it that he wanted me to stop doing?

I was smiling, ear to ear. Without even realizing it, I was still smiling. You made me so very happy.

I can barely wait until next week when we do this again.

Love,

Mom-Mom.

on January 9, 2012 at 10:33 PM

Awww – he is gorgeous! I love the sleeping picture!

Soooo glad you puked on you, though. Haha \:d/

on January 9, 2012 at 10:36 PM

SybilLaw-Yeah, he got me good. I think the best of the batch that I took is used as my banner on FB right now. He doesn’t take a bad picture!

3. Fantastagirl said:

on January 9, 2012 at 10:58 PM

oh my – he is so cute!

on January 9, 2012 at 11:46 PM

fantastagirl-He is the perfect blend of his mom and dad. :)

5. cathy said:

on January 10, 2012 at 5:04 AM

He’s adorable Chris! I totally get the goofy smiling too, nothing makes me happier than spending time with my Lia-bug and Logan. Too bad it can’t be bottled and noone would ever need antidepressents! Glad you had a great day with your little man.

6. Skittles said:

on January 10, 2012 at 6:38 AM

Twinster,
    This is beautiful…your grandson is beautiful! I felt like I was there when I was reading this!!!
    Enjoy that cute little baby!!!
    You are such a cute twinster grandma!!!
    Love ya
    Skittles

7. Megan said:

on January 10, 2012 at 10:37 AM

Awww. Awww. AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. :d

on January 10, 2012 at 11:00 AM

cathy-My husband must have mentioned it ten or twenty times over the weekend. He kept saying “You’re doing it again!” I couldn’t help myself! LOL

on January 10, 2012 at 11:01 AM

Skittles-Thank you! I am planning on writing these randomly and giving them to him when he’s older.

on January 10, 2012 at 11:02 AM

Megan-He is such a sweetie-pie. I say “Awww” alot too. :)

11. keite said:

on January 16, 2012 at 10:42 AM

SO sweet :) He makes me melting…