Pieces of Eight
I took this from Finn because I have nothing of interest to blog about today.
8 things I am looking forward to
1. Going to Kentucky in June to see lots of blogger friends
2. Going out with grade school friends for drinks
3. Babygirl’s Junior Prom
4. Babygirl going to the Senior Prom
7. “Transformers 3”
8. “Where the Wild Things Are”
8 things I did yesterday
3. Cooked dinner
4. Dug through a box of childhood photos
5. Took a walk
6. Danced to Bauhaus “Bela Lugosi’s Dead”
7. Twisted my ankle while dancing
8. Cried while my ankle swelled.
8 things I wish I could do
1. Dance without hurting myself or others
3. Work somewhere interesting
4. Speak Chinese
5. Jump into a mosh pit
6. Lose weight a little faster
7. Travel around more to see friends
8. Take better pictures
8 shows I watch
1. Harper’s Island
2. True Blood
3. Saving Grace
4. Rescue Me
5. Breaking Bad
6. Desperate Housewives
8 tags * I’m not tagging anyone but I give you my 8 Favorite things to listen to
2.Children of Bodom
4. Kelly Clarkson
5. The Killers
8. Rob Zombie
Monday March 23rd 2009, 7:07 PM
Filed under: meme
I was tagged by my friend “B” on Facebook, was it last week? I don’t know. What the fuck ever. I’m only doing this because I’m bored. Yay! You benefit!!!
A – Age: 47 At least that’s what my birth certificate says. I feel and act far, far younger!
B – Bed size: Only full because Hubs and I like to cuddle….a lot!
C – Chore You Hate: Cleaning the bathroom. It’s just a pain in the ass.
D – Dad’s Name: Mr. D….It’s just a coincidence that his first name begins with D too.
E – Essential Start Your Day Item: COFFEE.
F – Favorite Actor: Gary Oldman…..love, love, love “Immortal Beloved” and “Sid and Nancy”
G – Gold or Silver: I love silver but I am allergic to anything other than gold. Even titannium bothers me and only sometimes I can wear surgical steel.
H – Height: 5′ 7″
I – Instrument (s) you play: I can play a little bit of piano.
J – Job Title: Domestic Diva Extraordinaire and “Meanest Babysitter in the World”
K – Kid(s): Son1, Son2 and Babygirl. (And Bandit)
L – Like: Music (Actually it is more like “love” )
M – Mom’s Name: Mrs. D but we call her Mommy
N – Nickname: I’m known as Chris or Chrissy to some, Bitch to others and Metalmom to many, many others. And for Dave and Josh, I’ll tell the truth…..I also hold the title “Queen of Farts”
O – Overnight Hospital Stay Other Than Birth: Dear Lord! Yes…..I love the food
P – Pet Peeve: Slow walkers. I want to punch them….repeatedly…and hard.
Q – Quote that you like: If you’re not part of the solution, get the fuck out of my way.
R – Righty or Lefty: Righty tighty
S – Siblings: Two brothers and a sisters….if Dad has others out there, I don’t know about them.
T – Time You Wake Up: When my eyes open. Usually 5:30.
U – Useful tool: My opposable thumbs
V – Vegetable that you dislike: Parsnips
W – Ways you run late: When I tie my shoelaces together it is very hard to run anywhere. I fall down alot, thus making me late.
X – X-rays You’ve Had: I’ve had them all.
Y – Yummy Foods You Make: Vegetable soup, baked ziti, and cookies.
Z – Zodiac: I can tell you nothing about him…he’s never been caught.
Who Likes a Meme?
There are so many memes out there. We’ve seen them on other people’s blogs and Facebook. We’ve all been tagged time and again. But how do we really feel about them?
I may see one posted on someone’s blog and think, “Oh no. Here it comes.” I read them. I laugh at the answers. I agree with what many of you say. And then I wait.
I wait for the inevitable tag.
I get tagged by this one and that one and I sigh and I think “I hate this!” And then I procrastinate. I put it off because I have other posts already written. I put if off because I am busy or because looking at all those questions simply overwhelm me. I start to think “If I post this, I’ll have to tag someone and everyone hates them!” I also think, ” I’ll be jumping on the bandwagon and I’m not a follower”.
And while I procrastinate, everyone is getting theirs done and posted.
Eventually, I have nothing new to say. Nothing new is going on in my life. I have no new post. But I have a meme filed away.
And I give in. I respond. I have a good time doing it. I’m glad I was tagged. It gives me post fodder.
But I won’t tag anymore. Why? Because after reading so many responses, I can’t remember who among us has done them! I know that there are so many of us out there who say, “I hate those things. I won’t do a meme” and yet….given a dry patch…..we reach into the well….
So…..be honest. How do you feel about memes? Do you like to read them? Do you like to answer them?
I have been tagged by jGrrl. I wanted to call her a bitch for doing it but……having nothing else to blog about, I am forced to say thanks for giving me something to post about!
List 10 honest things about yourself – and make it interesting, even if you have to dig deep! Then tag 7 bloggers that you feel embody the spirit of the Honest Scrap. Simple. Or not.
I have seen this around and can’t remember who has done it already. So if you haven’t been tagged, grab this baby and do it!
1. I’ve always been very good at spelling. I was in a spelling bee in sixth grade and crashed and burned on the first word…..AGENDA. I knew how to spell it, but when I said it out loud, I called the “G” a “J”. This is something I continue to do when I spell aloud. I don’t know why.
2. I have a “black thumb”. I love plants to look at and to smell. I like the calm I get from weeding or repotting. However, I kill everything….even cacti and ferns. I seriously need a ‘resurrection’ plant.
3. I like liver. I like liver with fried onions. I like liverwurst. I like pate. I LIKE LIVER!
4. I spent two weeks of every summer with my Grandmother until the age of 17. Then I got married. I have seen my grandmom maybe 10 times since 1980 even though she lives half an hour away from me. Now she is 94 and she doesn’t know me.
5. When I was 13, I heard my parents come home from a night of drinking. After the babysitter left, I heard an argument and a bang. I don’t remember anything else but I went back to sleep. The next day, my mom had her jaw wired shut because it was broken. So was the back door. The story is that she had fallen and caught the doorknob. I used to wonder, but as an adult and seeing how my parents are when they are together, I believe that she really DID fall.
6. When I was in the 8th grade, the pope celebrated a Youth Mass in our city. My godmother bought me a beautiful outfit (dress slacks, top, and wrap-around sweater). I outgrew the pants and the shirt finally got too thin to wear by 11th grade. I still have the sweater and I can take it out and it still fits.
7. I have a collection of teapots. I don’t know how it started. When my MIL died, her daughters didn’t want a cream and red ceramic teapot with a warmer. So they tossed it to me. At first I thought it was crappy but after moving it while cleaning to a spot on my china cabinet, I realized it was beautiful and now I cherish it. Since my best friend and I have tea often, my mom gave me a fine porcelain set and I also have a set of 3″ tall tea pots in my knick knack shelf.
8. I have seen just about every Clint Eastwood movie except for “Gran Torino” and “Million Dollar Baby”
9. I consider Joslyn’s grandmother to be a friend….just not a close friend. When she got remarried, her honeymoon was in Jamaica. During this important time of her life, she found a driftwood sculpture of a lizard and brought it home for me along with two thimbles for my thimble collection. I was amazed that she thought of me at all!
10. I went on one blind date. He was oriental, spoke crappy English, was a disco dweeb and was 6″ shorter than I was. We went out on a double date with my girlfriend and her guy and after dinner he tried to grope me. I kneed him in his tiny dick. I never went on a blind date again and I never forgave my girlfriend for that. I still bust her chops about it.
I don’t know what I did, but my back hurt hella bad this weekend. (no sympathy needed) As a result, I didn’t do anything but watch movies- “Ratatouillle”, “Overboard”, “Life of Brian” to name a few. That also means, I have no adventures to tell you about…not even a freakin’ trip to get groceries!! So I stole this from my galpal Robin. I hope she forgives me.
1. You know I like you if: I offer to cook for you. I am not a great cook, so if I offer, I am comfortable enough around you to give you food poisoning without fear of ‘attempted murder’ charges.
2. If I ever won an award, the first person I would thank would be: The Good Lord Jesus, not Jesus-on-the-cross, but the six pound,seven ounce baby-Jesus-in-the-manger learning his shapes and colors.
3. Take my advice: Poo-Poo Platter isn’t what you think it is, but it tastes just as bad.
4. My ideal breakfast is: What I call “Double Breakfast” at the diner is actually the “Shortstack Special”–2 fluffy buttermilk pancakes, 2 eggs over easy, 2 pieces bacon or scrapple, 2 slices of wheat toast and endless cup of coffee. Mmmm…. Perfect for a busy day so you can burnoff the calories!
5. If you visit my hometown: Warn me first.
6. Why won’t people: Accept the fact that I am all-knowing and stop doubting me. I was right the first time I answered you!!
7. If you spend a night at my house: We will stay up all night drinking and playing games…the last being ‘Naked Twister’ (because everyone is a winner) Hmm…Maybe that’s how I hurt my back!
8. The world could do without: calamari (unless you like it, in which case the answer is fucktards.)
9. Paper clips are more useful than: boogers….except when it comes to sealing the mail you steamed open in an attempt to catching your cheating spouse!
10. And by the way: I have never had to steam open mail……That’s my story and I’m sticking to it!
Trukindog seemed to think I would be one to respond…to what? I have no idea! I will assume that he meant the Four Things questions. I’d hate for anyone to think he is a liar so I will gladly answer…..
And now….I give you….FOURS!!!!
A. Four places that I go to over and over…The library, the grocery store, the CVS, and Tar-Jay.
B. Four people who email me regularly…Eddie, DSW Shoe Warehouse (with a great deal on Fall fashions!) Someone that wants my penis to grow larger (it’s big enough, thank you!) and Slick (who sends me a knife through the heart every weekend in the form of a football pool)
C. Four of my favorite foods… steak (barely seared, still bloody and quite possibly mooing), German Black Forest cake, watermelon, and Apple Cider-marinated pork chops topped with warm apple, cinnamon and mushroom compote)
D. Four things I’d like to do… Ryan Reynolds, Brad Pitt, Oh sorry! That said things not people! I’d like to travel to Asia and Europe, swim in every ocean, sky dive, and drive across the US visiting all my blogging friends.
E. Four people I think will respond…To what? The sound of my voice? My attempts at seduction? Be more specific!
F. Four things I did yesterday… played Wordscraper with DutchBitch, went out for dinner with my Hubs, watched two horror movies while cuddling with my puppy, and inspected my ceiling while lying on my back on the exercise ball.
That’s it. Take it if you’d like to do it.
I responded to Libragirl……*refer to (D).
A) Four places that I go to over and over: The Library (for the books), Acme (for the food), CVS (for the drugs), the Co-Op(local market for anything I forgot at Acme).
B) Four of my favorite places to eat: Charlie Browns, the Olive Garden, Neil’s Steakhouse, and Mom’s house
C) Four places I would rather be right now: Amsterdam – with Dutchbitch and Jill showing me around, In the mountains of New Mexico, visiting the sites in Japan, On a beach in Tahiti.
D) Four people I think will respond: Any man will respond if you cup his balls.
E) Four TV shows I watch over and over: Saving Grace (Love Holly Hunter) Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Leave it To Beaver, LA Ink
Since I cheated with (D), I’ll throw in an (F)
F) Four Movies you watch repeatedly: The Princess Bride, City of Lost Children, Whatever Happened to Baby Jane, The Devil’s Rejects.
Take one now….pass it around…..
Meme-I’m Too Tired to Think
I stole this from Robin who stole this from Libragirl and now it’s open to any thieves lurking around here.
1. You have 10 dollars and need to buy snacks at a gas station. What do you get?
A Snickers bar and XXX Vitawater. And a pack of salted peanuts.
2. .If you were reincarnated as a sea creature, what would you want to be?
A sea urchin because they are prickly and they encourage others to leave them alone…alot like I do!
3. Who’s your favorite redhead?
Depends…..Have you dyed your hair lately?
4. What do you order when you’re at IHOP?
I order the waitress to spell IHOP and then say “ness”. (Do it-we’ll wait…Finished? )
5. Last book you read?
Murder For Hire-The Peruvian Pigeon by Dana Fredsti
6. Describe your mood.
Believe me, you don’t wanna know!
7. Describe the last time you were injured.
I am currently suffering heartache. But other than that, I walked into a wall and bruised my upper arm….don’t ask.
8. Of all your friends, who would you want to be stuck in a well with?
The most buoyant one so I could lay on top of them!
9. Rock concert or symphony?
Seriously, if you don’t know the answer to that one, go the fuck back to the picture on the top of the page!!!
10. What is the wallpaper of your cell phone?
“Three Musicians” by Pablo Picasso on one phone and roses with a skull in the center on the other phone.
11. Favorite soda?
No Coke! Pepsi!
12. What type of shirt are you wearing?
George Carlin t-shirt covered in dirty words and phrases.
13. If you could only use one form of transportation?
I’d like my own personal giant to carry me hither and yon on his back.
14. Most recent movie you have watched in theater?
Hellboy II…and it ROCKED!
15. Name an actor/actress/singer you have had the hots for.
Ryan Reynolds/Jessica Biel/ Til Lindemann of Rammstein
16. What’s your favorite kind of cake?
17. What did you have for dinner last night?
Hot Roast Beef Sandwich, potato salad and fruit salad.
18. Look to your left, what do you see?
My CD tower……Hello, CDs!
19. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?
Maybe my shoes have velcro!
20. Favorite toy as a child?
Knit-a-Row-a-Second knitting machine. I made hats, mittens and scarfs for everyone I knew.It was cool because no one else had one but me.
21. Do you buy your own groceries?
No, I grow my own chocolate, milk and eggs. What do you think? Stupid question……
22. Do you think people talk about you behind your back?
Yes, they do. And my phones are bugged and there are cameras strategically placed around my home transmitting my every move across the internet. Don’t lie! You’ve seen it!
23. When was the last time you had gummy worms?
My gums have never been wormy! That’s gross!
24. What’s your favorite fruit?
Alan Cumming. I like his last name! Isn’t he fabulous?
25. Do you have a picture of yourself doing a cartwheel?
Why the fuck would I want one of those???
26. Do you like running long distances?
I don’t even like walking to the kitchen!
27. Have you ever eaten snow?
Only the yellow kind.
28. What color are your bedsheets?
29. What’s your favorite flower?
Daisies and peach colored roses. I can’t decide.
30. Do you do ballet?
No, but I used to do papier mache.
31. Do you listen to classical music?
Not really, I don’t like the Beatles.
32. What is the first TV Theme song that pops in your head?
Mutual of Omaha’s Wild Kingdom.
33. Do you watch Sponge Bob?
No, but I like Robot Chicken.
34. What temperature is it outside right now?
It’s hotter than inside of my house.
35. Do people consider you smart?
More like a smart-ass.
36. How many piercings do you have?
Both of my ears. (Babygirl reads this! I can’t be honest!!)
37. Are you signed on [to] AIM?
38. Have you ever tried gluing your fingers together?
39. How do you feel about your family?
Next question, please!
40. Do you have an iPod?
Yes, and I love it almost as much as I love my husband.
41. What time do you go to bed?
I go to bed around 10 -ish. I don’t go to sleep until after midnight sometime.
42. What CD is currently in your CD player?
System of a Down-Toxicity
43. What movie do you know every line to?
Joe Dirt…..Life’s a garden,dig it.
44. What is your favorite salad dressing?
Caesar….no, ranch….wait! Thousand Island….ummm Bleu Cheese!!….
45. What do you want for Christmas this year?
A laptop, or a laptop or maybe a laptop. I haven’t really thought about it yet…
46. What family member/friend lives the farthest from you? Where?
Aunt Phyllis lives in Washington State. My sister refuses to live with her though..
47. Do you like hugs?
Oh.My.God!! I hate bugs! They are creepy and I hate them and – What? hugs? Oh shit! Forget it.
48. Last time you had butterflies in your stomach?
I’ve never actually eaten them.
49. What’s the way people most often mispronounce any part of your name?
MentalMom. What’s up with that shit? There is no “n”!
50. Last person you hugged?
Son1. And he hugged back too!
Movie Mania Meme
Yeah, yeah, yeah….I know. You’ve seen this everywhere and we’ve all stolen it from Avitable. Why argue with genius? He took the top 100 movies of the last 25 years, as stated by Entertainment Weekly. Then he bold-faced the ones that he has seen and asterisked the ones he liked. I’m a copycat, so I did too.
1. Pulp Fiction (1994)**
2. The Lord of the Rings trilogy (2001-03)**
3. Titanic (1997)
4. Blue Velvet (1986)
5. Toy Story (1995)**
6. Saving Private Ryan (1998)**
7. Hannah and Her Sisters (1986)
8. The Silence of the Lambs (1991)**
9. Die Hard (1988)**
10. Moulin Rouge (2001)
11. This Is Spinal Tap (1984)**
12. The Matrix (1999)
13. GoodFellas (1990)****
14. Crumb (1995)
15. Edward Scissorhands (1990)**
16. Boogie Nights (1997)
17. Jerry Maguire (1996)**
18. Do the Right Thing (1989)**
19. Casino Royale (2006)
20. The Lion King (1994)**
21. Schindler’s List (1993)**
22. Rushmore (1998)
23. Memento (2001)
24. A Room With a View (1986)
25. Shrek (2001)**
26. Hoop Dreams (1994)
27. Aliens (1986)
28. Wings of Desire (1988)
29. The Bourne Supremacy (2004)**
30. When Harry Met Sally… (1989)
31. Brokeback Mountain (2005)
32. Fight Club (1999)
33. The Breakfast Club (1985)****
34. Fargo (1996)**
35. The Incredibles (2004)****
36. Spider-Man 2 (2004)**
37. Pretty Woman (1990)**
38. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004)
39. The Sixth Sense (1999)****
40. Speed (1994)
41. Dazed and Confused (1993)****
42. Clueless (1995)**
43. Gladiator (2000)**
44. The Player (1992)
45. Rain Man (1988)**
46. Children of Men (2006)
47. Men in Black (1997)**
48. Scarface (1983)
49. Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (2000)**
50. The Piano (1993)**
51. There Will Be Blood (2007)
52. The Naked Gun: From the Files of Police Squad (1988)
53. The Truman Show (1998)
54. Fatal Attraction (1987)**
55. Risky Business (1983)**
56. The Lives of Others (2006)
57. There’s Something About Mary (1998)**
58. Ghostbusters (1984)**
59. L.A. Confidential (1997)
60. Scream (1996)****
61. Beverly Hills Cop (1984)
62. sex, lies and videotape (1989)**
63. Big (1988)**
64. No Country For Old Men (2007)
65. Dirty Dancing (1987)****
66. Natural Born Killers (1994)**
67. Donnie Brasco (1997)
68. Witness (1985)
69. All About My Mother (1999)
70. Broadcast News (1987)
71. Unforgiven (1992)**
72. Thelma and Louise (1991)**
73. Office Space (1999)
74. Drugstore Cowboy (1989)
75. Out of Africa (1985)
76. The Departed (2006)
77. Sid and Nancy (1986)**
78. Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991)
79. Waiting for Guffman (1996)
80. Michael Clayton (2007)
81. Moonstruck (1987)****
82. Lost in Translation (2003)
83. Evil Dead 2: Dead by Dawn (1987)
84. Sideways (2004)
85. The 40 Year-Old Virgin (2005)
86. Y Tu Mamá También (2002)**
87. Swingers (1996)
88. Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery (1997)**
89. Breaking the Waves (1996)
90. Napoleon Dynamite (2004)**
91. Back to the Future (1985)**
92. Menace II Society (1993)
93. Ed Wood (1994)
94. Full Metal Jacket (1987)**
95. In the Mood for Love (2001)
96. Far From Heaven (2002)
97. Glory (1989)****
98. The Talented Mr. Ripley (1999)
99. The Blair Witch Project (1999)
100. South Park: Bigger Longer and Uncut (1999)
Where is Braveheart? What about Stand By Me? Sin City? Shaun of the Dead? 21 Grams? No SuperBad??? ANY MOVIE MADE BEFORE 1980???
But I digress….
Just from this list, I’ve seen seventy-nine. With an average running time of two hours each……that’s one hundred fifty-eight hours. That is roughly six and a half days–almost a week watching just these movies. That is not even counting the time spent watching them over and over again! Add to that the time spent watching so many, many, many, many other movies…..
I need a life!
Blue and Sheila Save the Day!
A while ago Bluepaintred and her friend Sheila did a meme that I put aside for a rainy day. Well, the rain just started and my head hurts too bad to think, so today is your lucky day!
What is in the back of your car? In the back of the family car there are recessed lighting fixtures, an emergency first aid kit and a roll of paper towels.
Name one person that made you smile today? Jaime
What were you doing at 8 am this morning? Moaning with a migraine.
What Were you doing 45 minutes ago? Washing dinner dishes and moaning with a migraine.
What is your favorite candy bar? Milky Way Dark
Have you ever been to a strip club? As an employee or a patron?
What is the last thing you said aloud? ” Wait five minutes and I’ll give you a percocet.”
What is the best ice cream flavor? Phish Food or Moose Tracks- It’s a tie.
What was the last thing you had to drink? Cawfee-light and sweet.
What are you wearing right now? Jeans and a low cut black top.
What was the last thing you ate? Meatloaf and potatoes
Have you bought any new clothing items this week? Not that Hubs is aware of.
When was the last time you ran? In two seconds I will run to the bathroom…seriously.
Okay, I’m back. Where was I?
The last sporting event you watched? European Soccer. Spain beat Russia 4-1
What is your favorite flavor of popcorn? Cracker Jack , does that count? Fine-white cheddar.
Who is the last person you sent a comment/message on myspace? Don’t do MySpace.
Do you take vitamins daily? Every other daily.
Do you go to church every Sunday? No. That’s all I’ll say about that.
Do you have a tan? All year around…naturally.
Do you like Chinese food over pizza? What the fuck?
Do you drink your soda with a straw? No…with my mouth.
What did your last text message say? “N Den??????”
Are you someone’s best friend? I am man’s best friend.
What are you doing tomorrow? Not exercising that’s for sure!
Look to your left, what do you see? Cd tower, printer and yucky Cd player.
What color is your watch? Black
What do you think of when you think of Australia? Heh heh… Down Under.
Do you use chapstick? yes
What is your birthstone? Amethyst
What is your favorite number? 69 Baby!!!!
Do you have a dog? Yup.
Last person you talked to on the phone? Jaime
Have you met anyone famous? Yes but I can’t remember because my head hurts so bad.
Any plans today? Take a pill and go to bed as soon as I post this.
How many states have you lived in? Only one.
Ever go to college? Just for a kegger.
Do you dye your hair? Ever since I was 25.
Biggest annoyance in your life right now? Lack of money and a child in need of a dentist….like NOW.
Last song listened to? “Spook Show Baby” by Rob Zombie
Can you say the alphabet backwards? “Alphabet Backwards” How’s that?
Do you have a maid service clean your house? Pffft!
Favorite pair of shoes you wear all the time? Yes. My sneakers. (Or trainers, to all of you foreigners)
Are you jealous of anyone? Just Turnbaby. She’s fucking Fabulous!
Is anyone jealous of you? You all are, Admit it!!
Do you love anyone? I love anyfive.
Do any of your friends have children? Yes,but only one has children chained in the basement.
Do you eat healthy? No. I eat food.
What do you usually do during the day? What are you? FBI?
Do you hate anyone that you know right now? Um,yeah. That’s all I’ll say about that.
Do you use the word ‘hello’ daily? No. I answer the phone, “XXX Electric. May I help you?”
What color is your car? Invisible
Do you like cats? Oh Hell No! (Sorry) But they ALL seem to LOVE me!!
Have you ever been to Six Flags? YES!!!!
How did you get your worst scar? Rotator cuff surgery. The kids call it my “Sally scar” because it looks like my arm has been sewed back on. Isn’t it purty?? (If you don’t get the reference, then shame on you!)
That’s it. Time for bed!!! Yippee!! Thanks Blue and Sheila!!